Stupid nooby computer question...

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

Nonsense Man

Post by Nonsense Man » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:13 pm

im not saying he is trying to give me viruses im just wondering if it does and he did not notice.

project_failure

Post by project_failure » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:01 pm

kingstons a good brand. check the book for the motherboard.
Packardbell has been out of business for years, are you sure your computer can even handle two gigs of ram.
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure

doctorjames

Post by doctorjames » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:27 pm

Packard Bell still makes computers. Check google. I was suprised when I found out.

Electric Rain
PSN Username:Denki_no_Ame

Post by Electric Rain » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:57 pm

Click here and enter your computer's serial number to hopefully get a detailed description of every part in your computer. I have a Gateway and this is how I found out what type of RAM I had so I could upgrade from 256MB to 512MB. Yeah, I know... it's pathetic... and what's even worse is that 512MB is my mobo's max. I can't do anything with my processor either. I'm stuck with a 1.2GHz Celeron, because my mobo is a "Kitty Hawk 1.2" or something and it can ONLY use this type of processor. :roll: I'm SO going to build my next computer...

Anyway, you want to shop at www.newegg.com for your RAM once you find out what kind you have. I can make a recommendation if you like, but again, we first need to determine the type on RAM you have.