Good Saturn Games

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

iX NES Xi
Good Saturn Games

Post by iX NES Xi » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:42 pm

Hey I want to start getting into saturn more does anyone have any subjestions for any worthwhile games?

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:56 am

I liked Warcraft and Alone in the Dark, they were good games.

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:04 am

Panzer Dragoon Saga. 'Nuff said.

CTFan

Krepticor

Post by Krepticor » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:20 pm

try browsing
www.gamefaqs.com
They have plenty of game faqs and if you look at the top requested or the most lookedat you can get a ballpark

Anyway try shining force or look into importing, there were not too many made for the states (there was a Castlevania symphony of the night for the saturn, called Dracula X, I think?)

Also, think about this the saturn was better than the psone and you should buy gams that were multi-platformers for the Saturn, the saturn does boost the graphics a bit
I refuse to dignify myself with an intelligent and witty signature

project_failure

Post by project_failure » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:00 am

good luck finding any good saturn games other than online. I can't find any.

I don't think castlevania sotn was called dracula x. If I remeber right dracula x was the prequel, which came out no snes, genesis, and most notably and pretty rare, the pc-engine.

Get the 2d fighters because saturn has the best controller for those type of games.

Street fighter, Darkstalkers, Marvel vs. series, King of fighters, ect.

sonic 3d blast is okay. I've heard that Knights is really good. (I am ashamed at not having played it yet.) :oops:

Don't forget many games require a ram expansion pack. if you need one i suggest you get the foriegn converter, memory card, ram expasion combo.

I think this needs to be moved to another section.

If there are any mistakes sorry it's 4:09 am
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure

johnnyC

Post by johnnyC » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:22 am

Any Capcom fighting game (i.e. Street Fighter Alpha Collection, Darkstalker series). Street Fighter: The Movie (both the film and game) are good. Well, I like them.

Virtua Fighter series, as well as other Sega fighters like Last Bronx.

I kinda like Clockwork Knight, even if you have to beat it in one sitting.

Virtua Cop 1-2 and House of the Dead (HotD is somewhat of a rarity and therefore worth a pretty penny on eBay)

Alone in the Dark. The original 3 games were good. New Nightmare, I'm not so sure, since I've never played it. The movie SUXXXXX!!!!! It ditches the Lovecraftian touch for a modern setting involving a dumass plot.

Virtual On, though I've only played the arcade version.

Nights into Dreams and Christmas Nights.

Panzer Dragoon trilogy (PD, Zwei, and Saga, the last being expensive at a stout $200).

Another thing, get the Virtua Stick for all fighting games. Get the Stunner (that gun thingy for the Sega uneducated) for any and all lightgun games. No word on whether or not the 3D Pad (w/ analog) would be good for Nights, since I don't have one, though may use one for a portable Saturn.