battery question

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

Krepticor
battery question

Post by Krepticor » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:09 pm

this sony type battery has three leads on it from what I can tell, one is positive one negative and the center pole is this a video out or what? It is designed for camcorders and that is why I say video out...

I am thinking about this for my portable and well I could use a little more informaiton than what 101power gives...

I do like the LED battery gauge and the info litium circuitry, that to me is the selling point, $22 is the other
I refuse to dignify myself with an intelligent and witty signature

Weebl

Post by Weebl » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:54 pm

I honestly don't know what the inner hole is for, but it makes no sense being video out. I myself have purchased batteries from Power101 before, and they've had those extra holes as well. All you need to know to hook one of those batteries up is the positive and negative, which are conveniently labeled on the battery.

Just so you know, though I have that same battery you linked to and it is quite tall, so I found it hard to actually fit into a portable. I also found the LED battery gauge unnecessary, so I went with this battery. It is a lot slimmer, and holds almost as much mAh as the one you linked to. However, if you really want the battery gauge, then go for it, or if it doesn't matter how big the battery is.
Women are like internet domain names; all the ones I like are taken
Check out my shameless abuse of free blogging here

Krepticor

Post by Krepticor » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:09 pm

thanks for the info but I think I will just get two of the ones from the same series because I like the battery gauge, thanks for the heads up!

timmeh87

Post by timmeh87 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:38 pm

its probably a 1-wire data line. these fancier lithium batteries have chips in them that comminucate with inner circutry. if its an infolithium battery thats the "info" part. my laptop battery has mabe 15 different pieces of data in it, like date created, initial full charge capacity, rated voltage, date installed, crap like that.

"Linux is only free if your time is worthless"

Krepticor

Post by Krepticor » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:19 pm

that makes sense timmel thanks again