Problem - PSP - Need help!

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

Drlabcoat
Problem - PSP - Need help!

Post by Drlabcoat » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:51 pm

Hey, recently my psp stopped displaying picture. It turns on (little green light turns on) but no picture light anything comes out of the screen. It's in decent shape (only hair thin scratches on screen). To turn it off (turn the green light off) I have to take out the battery. Its about 3 months old, has version 2.7. Sadly it has no Warrenty (had to take the face plate off, to clean the layers of dust and grime on the screen). If anyone has any idea on what could be wrong, or if i can troubleshoot it or something.. it would help a ton, thanks. Cheers~

-Dr Labcoat-

demonofaj
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:ajsen1gma
Steam ID:demonofaj

Post by demonofaj » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:36 pm

Uh, when you opened the unit, did you by any chance make something loose, like connectors.
"Life's a female of the dog species, then you die.."

Aquador

Post by Aquador » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:41 pm

From the way you described it, id say you have a bricked psp. That means you did something to brick it or in technical terms, erase something important form the psp's flash memory that is required to boot up.

If your psp is indeed bricked, there is absolutely nothing you can do other than get a new mobo.

A bricked psp will
turn on, nothing will display, and then maybe seconds later just shut off.

I think you werent careful when you opened up the psp, its extremely fragile.

Drlabcoat

Post by Drlabcoat » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:06 pm

Hmm... i was pretty safe with it.. didnt open it to the MOB or anything like that, it played good for about a week after opening it.. Well ill try a few more things, then if i can't get it to work, ill salvage it. I got an idea on a use for the LCD, Thanks Guys. Cheers~

-Dr Labcoat-

*o*

Post by *o* » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:44 am

what were u doing when it stopped working?
Penn & Teller wrote:It's BULLS#%@

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:14 am

Drlabcoat wrote:Hmm... i was pretty safe with it.. didnt open it to the MOB or anything like that, it played good for about a week after opening it.. Well ill try a few more things, then if i can't get it to work, ill salvage it. I got an idea on a use for the LCD, Thanks Guys. Cheers~

-Dr Labcoat-
You can't use the LCD in anything but the PSP.

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:38 am

You could probably sell it for parts on ebay, and use the profit to go buy a DS :D

Drlabcoat

Post by Drlabcoat » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:51 am

Well im in the middle of salvaging it.. I don't see any visible damage to anything.. I'll just sell the parts for my wii savings (already got DS..) Thanks guys..

-Dr Labcoat-