Neo Geo help needed

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

arfink
Neo Geo help needed

Post by arfink » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:22 am

I am considering a portable neo geo. I won't be doing anything as small as Ben's teeny neo geo protable, but what I want is to put a Neo Geo into an old Tandy laptop case I have, with a PSOne screen. Instead of a keyboard there will be a joystick and pushbuttons. I will probably use the insides of an NES Advantage or one of those NAMCO plug'n'play TV games for the joystick. The handle will be removeable for closing the lid. All I still need to know is what version of the Neo Geo 1 slot is best to use? I would like a UNIBIOS chip if it would be easy (socketed perhaps?) and since the case for this laptop is rather hulking the size of the circuit board is not really an issue, exept I will need room for PLENTY of batteries. What good is a portable NEO GEO if you can't even play for a few hours to beat metal slug on the road? Anyhoo, thanks in advance for your help.
Emulation isn't accurate. There is no substitute for real hardware!

kidw/32+systems

Post by kidw/32+systems » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:43 am

Hereis a nice little site for you.
PlayChoice games 50/54 37 toppers

project_failure

Post by project_failure » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:41 pm

great minds think alike. :o i was thinking of doing something simular but in a suit case or in a laptop case but useing the original laptop screen. :idea:
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure