GC battery problem

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

Metroid fan
GC battery problem

Post by Metroid fan » Sun May 28, 2006 8:56 am

Ok I bought GC batt. yesterday and I plug it in and start to charge it up well after about an hour charging I go to use it and it won't turn the thing on. Well then I read the guide and it says to charge it up for 8 to 10 hours the first time. So I do that and it still wont turn it on help? It's an intec one by the way.

khaag

Post by khaag » Sun May 28, 2006 11:08 pm

I got an Intec one and it said to charge it 12 hours... it works perfectly fine for me. You might have killed it though, or you just got a faulty one...
[url=http://thekevbot.com]Portfolio[/url]
[url=http://twitter.com/thekevbot]Twitter[/url]
[url=http://blog.thekevbot.com]Blog[/url]

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Mon May 29, 2006 9:42 am

How could I have killed it I didn't even open it... All well right now i'm discharging it using only the fan on the GC it's been on for 16 hours now... only a billion to go!

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Mon May 29, 2006 9:42 am

Metroid fan wrote:How could I have killed it I didn't even open it... All well right now i'm discharging it using only the fan on the GC it's been on for 16 hours now... only a billion to go!
Maybe you should take it apart.

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Mon May 29, 2006 9:46 am

I just don't want to void the warrenty if it is broken. Then again how are they going to know I broke the warrenty if I screw it back together?

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Mon May 29, 2006 10:00 am

Metroid fan wrote:I just don't want to void the warrenty if it is broken. Then again how are they going to know I broke the warrenty if I screw it back together?
They might have other ways of knowing.
Where did you get it from? If it was new, I would suggest taking it back and exchanging it. Does this mean that you are starting a GCp?

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Tue May 30, 2006 8:13 am

vskid wrote:
Metroid fan wrote:I just don't want to void the warrenty if it is broken. Then again how are they going to know I broke the warrenty if I screw it back together?
They might have other ways of knowing.
Where did you get it from? If it was new, I would suggest taking it back and exchanging it. Does this mean that you are starting a GCp?
Yes I am starting a GCp, I got it from gamecrazy and might go back and exchange it...