Someone dub me the Google Master!

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

Big-O

Post by Big-O » Fri May 19, 2006 8:14 pm

No no no, you did not do it that quick NEVER! Because I just sent an email top the guys who made it asking what is needed. Geez, pics please?

Not that I'm mad, of course I'm happy, but how the heck did you do it so fast. PICS PLEASE!

tom61

Post by tom61 » Fri May 19, 2006 10:52 pm

Skyone wrote:
Big-O wrote:I don't know, but there used in cameras,and other portable devices and are widely used. Just as common it's big brother SD!
Ok, I did the mod. It works and all, but I'm not sure how to throw roms on there. And I'm talking about FREEWARE roms, of course.
From what I can make out of the Altavista translation of the page, it looks like you need to flash the firmware of the NDS with:
http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/NDSMP/index.html
which seems to have the ability to read FAT:
http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/gba_nds_fat/index.html

After NDSMP is flashed, I think you get a menu to launch homebrew roms from the SD card.

Big-O

Post by Big-O » Sat May 20, 2006 9:41 am

Are you talking about flashing the DS frimware? Or just a cartridge?

joevennix
Portablizer

Post by joevennix » Sat May 20, 2006 11:20 am

The DS firmware has to be flashed. You don't have to use PassMe anymore though, there are other ways: FlashMe and WifiMe are two others, WifiMe being the easiest, but you have to have a specific chipset in your wireless card. Then you have to configure the card to work with your DS.

Big-O

Post by Big-O » Sat May 20, 2006 12:45 pm

Uh, what do you think were going to do with this? homebrew :lol: .
Most of us are going to use it to play roms.

tom61

Post by tom61 » Sat May 20, 2006 1:08 pm

You might want to delete or change your last post Big-O, as it could very likely get this thread locked.

There is quite a bit of interesting homebrew out there for the DS. I'm even considering getting a DS just for the homebrew.

Big-O

Post by Big-O » Sat May 20, 2006 6:34 pm

As far as i'm concerned, it isn't locking material, I'm just informing you about what I plan to use it for. I'm not asking for,giving,or showing anything that has to do with roms, just a little info on what I'm going to do. :P
joevennix wrote:The DS firmware has to be flashed. You don't have to use PassMe anymore though, there are other ways: FlashMe and WifiMe are two others, WifiMe being the easiest, but you have to have a specific chipset in your wireless card. Then you have to configure the card to work with your DS.
One word, NoPass. Or maybe two words. :P

Big-O

Post by Big-O » Fri May 26, 2006 7:24 pm

STATUS REPORT!!!

The project is dead, yes dead, it doesn't work as reported by SkyOne.

Well, all is not lost, we now know that it is easier to buy homebrew equipment rather then ruining other products. If anyone can somehow make this work, post it on the forum and we will hep you along in anyway.

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Mon May 29, 2006 5:00 pm

Oh that sucks I was excited to here if they got homebrew working on it.