Wiring Screens

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

NESBest
Wiring Screens

Post by NESBest » Mon May 15, 2006 1:57 pm

Hey i'm a pretty amateur modder, i've done some LED stuff, and one other mod consisting of putting an original nes controller into an empty nes cartridge. my soldering skills are pretty good as i soldered a headphone amplifier circuit once(never finished it) but none the less it consisted of a lot of small solders, anyway i'm considering making a portable and i have a portable casio tv, not the same one ben uses but very similar, do most portable tv's work? also i want to buy ben's book but i dont want to use it every step, i want to figure out some things on my own, but i need to learn certain things, would it be good for me?

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Mon May 15, 2006 3:00 pm

if the screen has AV in, you can use it :) if not, an RF adapter would work but you'd need to go to the right cannel when you turn it on. the book suposedly helps a lot (i don't have it but that's what i heard)
ImageImage

codeman

Post by codeman » Mon May 15, 2006 3:35 pm

the book does help with general mod stuff...not just specific portables. He has a few chapters dedicated to guide those who want to do it themselves rather than follow every step.
What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion.

"Say, what does this button do?"

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

NESBest

thnx

Post by NESBest » Mon May 15, 2006 4:14 pm

Thanks, if neone else has answered feel free to post, also do you guys have pictures of stuff you've done?

kidw/32+systems

Post by kidw/32+systems » Mon May 15, 2006 4:42 pm

Yes the book would help you with most of that.
PlayChoice games 50/54 37 toppers