A Complete Newbie

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

mog123
A Complete Newbie

Post by mog123 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:48 am

Ok, i am a complete newbie and i lack in technical english. So i cant understand much of the SNESPortable tutorial on extremetech. I have a SNES PAL, Modded to play Imports. I need a screen, but i think ill use the PSone Screen or if i get any answers if i can use a "One station" 2,5 inch backlit screen, then ill use it.
I'm pretty good with a heat gun, so that wont be any problem, but i just dont know what i should put where and where should i connect the cables :(

Any help with graphic tutorials would be awesome

Darth Fett
Location:On my giant space station. Firing on earth in 3...2...1...

Post by Darth Fett » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:00 am

Ben's book is a good place to start. :)
Laugh and the world laughs with you; It's inhabitants are an entirely different story.

mog123

Post by mog123 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:00 pm

First of all, i wont pay such a big price for shipping ;p
Second of all i wrote im not good at technical english, so i need a graphic scheme, what and where

Klefmung

Post by Klefmung » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:23 pm

ben's book has almost no technical english and is quite straightfoward. Any it does have, it explains from the ground up. NO prior knowledge of technology needed.
gannon wrote:hmm... *ponders about power abuse* :P
benheck wrote:Wow, guess I should have searched my own forums! Oh wait, I don't have to since the rules don't apply to me ;)

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:28 pm

mog123 wrote:First of all, i wont pay such a big price for shipping ;p
Second of all i wrote im not good at technical english, so i need a graphic scheme, what and where
If you don't want to spend anything on shipping go to Borders/Walden/Barns & Noble and ask them to order it for you. You'll have to wait maybe a week, but no shipping.

And as stated before Ben is not a technical person, hell is real job is graphic design. All the book really does it tell you the mount places, the parts you need and a guild to put it all together. Very simple and easy to understand.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

mog123

Post by mog123 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:46 am

changed my mind, doing for sure a FamiClone Portable ;)

sammy

Post by sammy » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:05 pm

Uhn? You don't know technical language but you do know how to make a portable out of a famiclone?