FC Mobile

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator: Moderators

themadhacker

Re: FC Mobile

Post by themadhacker » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:09 pm

I have never used one, but former member, mothertrucka had one. He said that they broke very easily and that he had to repair it several times. also, I think he said the B and A buttons were revesed. Lastly, I remember him saying the compatability wasn't great either.

so long story short, I doubt it's worth getting. Sounds like just another piece of made in china knock-off.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

Tibia
PSN Username: Tibia1013
Steam ID: Mulder101361

Post by Tibia » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:50 pm

I had one as well. Most games played well, but the colors would often show up funky. Reds were green, etc. B and A are reversed, and that does throw you quite a bit when switching back and forth from the NES. Build quality was total crap. Although there's two speaker grilles on it, there's only one speaker inside. The battery compartment's pretty screwy, too. It's not all that great. Now that I've owned one, I'd never pay more than about $20 for one.
This post brought to you by David Duchovny's glorious nipples.

Tibia
PSN Username: Tibia1013
Steam ID: Mulder101361

Post by Tibia » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:23 am

The LCD connects straight to the main board by a ribbon cable. I think the controller board/decorder/whatever is integrated right into the NOAC board.

All I have left of mine is the buttons, case, and screen. If you want them, I'd be willing to work something out for real cheap. Dunno if it will help, but here's some pics. Click them for bigger versions.

ImageImage

GBA game for scale only. lol
This post brought to you by David Duchovny's glorious nipples.