Neo Geo X Arcade Dock (Idea Phase)

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

Muramasa
Neo Geo X Arcade Dock (Idea Phase)

Post by Muramasa » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:52 am

I'm excited about the upcoming release of the Neo Geo X. I was looking on the site and learned that they will be releasing a Gold version of the set, which includes a dock that can be hooked up to the TV and a real arcade controller. I began thinking about what could be done with it, and then it hit me.

What I want to do is make a mini arcade cabinet that acts as a dock for the Neo Geo X and can also play the games. This will be done by simply hacking up the dock and controller to a small screen and controls (most likely Sanwa so that it'll fit in smaller places) that are inside a small cabinet chassis. And of course, it will be modeled after a Neo Geo cabinet.

Of course, this is only in the idea phase as the Neo Geo X isn't even released yet, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to purchase on release date, but I'll get it as soon as possible and start posting progress here. It will eventually be put up for sale and I'll probably make more (I want to try and make one modeled after the Japanese Neo Geo U4 model). I just wanted to get the idea out there so that I can receive feedback and tips on what I should do.

Thanks!