Bartop Arcade Laptop Dock (In Works)

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

Muramasa
Bartop Arcade Laptop Dock (In Works)

Post by Muramasa » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:35 pm

Have you ever seen this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=657t9y5Ak2g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If so, you know what I'm talking about. For those who don't or are just too lazy to click on the link, what it is is a tiny bartop arcade cabinet that acts as a dock for your laptop. The controls are wired up to a USB Cord as well as a cooling pad and a marquee light that you plug into the laptop. You place the laptop into the case and you can play MAME, other emulators and certain PC games with arcade controls.

I'm going to go ahead and tackle this project, simply because a 14 year old doesn't have the money to buy a PC to make a fully fledged MAME arcade. I'm also going to be using Sanwa controls as a side bonus. So, I'm going to do this and hopefully from the profits of this I can build a MAME bartop cabinet. I'll go ahead and post my progress and eventually a video showing it off and an eBay link.