Gargantuan Atari 2600 Portable (If you're pretty strong).

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

jeffslot
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Gargantuan Atari 2600 Portable (If you're pretty strong).

Post by jeffslot » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:24 am

Hi Guys,

I know that the casing isn't pretty. All I can say is it really increases the appreciation of the beautiful case makers out there like: Ashen, Hailraizer, Bacteria, CDowning, and Marshall (There are many more out there, so don't be mad if I didn't think of you off the top of my head) just to name a few.

I'm still actually quite happy with the end result. I've been working on\off again on this project for several years. And the next version can only get better with all of the good information I picked up along the way !

Special thanks to c_mon, for his very helpful & timely advice - project would not be complete with out him (and of course Ben H for the inspiration)!

here are some of the specs off the top of my head...
  • Led modded Psone Screen
    Longhorne engineer composite video mod
    Runs on 6 AA's
    Microswitch joystick
    Clambshell Stlye Tackle box case
Here are a couple of pics...

Image Image

I like the joystick that I ended up ordering from digikey, it is pretty cool, and you an read more about it here....

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/e ... ND/1280471

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvhctgH-m04

Please be kind when posting, remember it is a completed portable, which is still not an easy task.... of to play me some river raid !

c_mon

Re: Gargantuan Atari 2600 Portable (If you're pretty strong).

Post by c_mon » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:14 pm

Great proggress! I especially like the arcade-style joystick. Is there a E-bay purchase option for this?

Again, good work on this...
I TAKE COMMISSIONS FOR CNC-ROUTED CASES AND PORTABLES... JUST P.M. ME!

jeffslot

Re: Gargantuan Atari 2600 Portable (If you're pretty strong).

Post by jeffslot » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:39 pm

Thanks c_Mon! Not really as nice as the portables you turn out, but still fun to play. Off to play some laser blast! :D