c_mon's ATARI 2600 Portable MK3

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

c_mon
Portablizer Extraordinaire
c_mon's ATARI 2600 Portable MK3

Post by c_mon » Sun May 20, 2012 2:03 pm

The unit's case is cut with a CNC machine and varnished with yacht varnish.

The system runs off 4AA rechargeable batteries.

System has all the controller and the paddle controller, also.

It has 3" TFT screen with clean composite video. It has mono headphone out.

This portable also has the built-in 'Pause Mod' which is one of the most wanted features which Atari itself didn't include in the system.

System weighs 650gr with the batteries.

Enjoy...

Last edited by c_mon on Sun May 20, 2012 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I TAKE COMMISSIONS FOR CNC-ROUTED CASES AND PORTABLES... JUST P.M. ME!

Muniosi

Re: ATARI 2600 Portable MK3

Post by Muniosi » Sun May 20, 2012 2:13 pm

Very neat! I love the logo you added. The screen does seem rather small, although there isn't really much room after you factor in all the buttons and controls. How does the pause mod work?

c_mon

Post by c_mon » Sun May 20, 2012 2:16 pm

Muniosi wrote:Very neat! I love the logo you added. The screen does seem rather small, although there isn't really much room after you factor in all the buttons and controls. How does the pause mod work?

It has a switch. When you slide the switch, the game pauses. When you slide back, the game comes back from the point it paused.

Muniosi

Post by Muniosi » Sun May 20, 2012 3:42 pm

c_mon wrote:
Muniosi wrote:Very neat! I love the logo you added. The screen does seem rather small, although there isn't really much room after you factor in all the buttons and controls. How does the pause mod work?

It has a switch. When you slide the switch, the game pauses. When you slide back, the game comes back from the point it paused.
Huh, neat. How does this function? What happens inside when you slide the switch?

c_mon

Re: c_mon's ATARI 2600 Portable MK3

Post by c_mon » Sun May 20, 2012 3:52 pm

While paused, the Atari 2600 will display either a blank screen, or an invalid television signal.

Kumimono
PSN Username:Kumimono
360 GamerTag:Kumimono
Steam ID:Jarska333

Post by Kumimono » Mon May 21, 2012 10:14 am

Really, really neat.

gaking2010
360 GamerTag:knownkillaz21

Post by gaking2010 » Fri May 25, 2012 4:24 pm

im still waiting on my portables 17 days no response tio my emails this isnt fair cmon i paid a lot of money and to be scammed like this is unfair

its been over 3 months and only 1 portable done out of the 4 this is unfair and unjustified

twilightlink

Post by twilightlink » Mon May 28, 2012 11:58 am

gaking2010 wrote:im still waiting on my portables 17 days no response tio my emails this isnt fair cmon i paid a lot of money and to be scammed like this is unfair

its been over 3 months and only 1 portable done out of the 4 this is unfair and unjustified
I decided to post this after seeing that c_mon is ripping off others as well.

I commissioned him to make a portable gamecube that not only took 3 months to get here, but had a whole slew of issues when it arrived. The batteries were bad; the speakers were wired wrong; the control sticks were wired wrong; in fact the whole thing was wired together haphazardly!

I know this because I had to have a wonderful modder in this community fix these issues because shipping to turkey is so damn expensive!

What's more - he told me he broke six gamecube motherboards before he finished the portable, and made me pay $100 extra for his mistakes before he would ship it!

While I do admit that c_mon's portables look nice and professional, inside they are anything but. This guy takes on way too many commissions and as a result all the work suffers.

Do yourself a favor and commission someone who actually likes to play one of the portables they make.

c_mon

Post by c_mon » Mon May 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Some part of the message traffic between me and twilightlink:

I really understand your wish to have a working GCp. I'll try to make it work today with a deep investigation. If I can't get it to work, please don't blame me 'cos this is the hardest system to portablise as it has tons of work to do with.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 17:00:03 -0700
Subject: Re: Gamecube design
To: <email removed>

I am deeply saddened, Murat. This is almost exactly what happened during my last commission with Techknott:

Max, I'm sorry to say that the motherboard has broken. I don't quite know
>>> what has happened but that's the cause of the intermittent disk read
>>> problems. I thought I'd sorted it yesterday but it's back again today. I will
>>> not be able to get this finished before my holiday and also before this gets
>>> really expensive for both of us, I will give you a refund out of my wages.
>>> Just resend me your paypal address as I'll have to send it from my new
>>> paypal account.

Between this commission and the last one, I've waited nearly 4 months for a portable gamecube. If you really can't do it, maybe you can sell me what you have done so far and I can try to find some one who can finish it? Perhaps you can seek help from one of the other modders?

Can I convince you to try and make it work?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2012 6:15 PM
Subject: RE: Gamecube design

It's all wired but I can't get it to work. I have fried 2 motherboards before I give up. I just can't find the problem and don't want to lose more motherboards. I'll refund your money and giving up disc-based commissions from now on. Sorry for this. Hope you understand. Thanks for your two-months patience.

Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 14:04:02 -0700
Subject: Re: Gamecube design

Is it finished? I'm on vacation starting at the end of next week and I was looking forward to getting it then...
------------

I offered you refund but you insisted on finishing this which casued me 6 dead motherboards. Avarage Gamecube with shipping to Turkey is 40$. So you owed me 240$ whereas you only paid 100$. Do you think this is fair?
------------

gaking 2010: I sent you tons of pictures with the proggress and told you that I have been waiting GCs to be shipped from the US. Delivery time is out of my control. I answered at least 200 messges from you explainig everything in detail for many times over and over again. When I didn't answer your last message for some reason, you rushed here and blamed me for scamming you. Is this fair?

I'm a long-term BH member and made a lot of commissions to US people and this is the first time I face such a problematic situation. If only, I never had deals with both of you. I didnt earn but lost money and motivation.

twilightlink

Post by twilightlink » Mon May 28, 2012 4:51 pm

c_mon - Do you mind taking out all email addresses you so stupidly put into A PUBLIC FORUM? Do you want to get spammed to hell? Because I sure don't!

Secondly, you broke the six motherboards, not me; why should I have had to pay for them? If you don't know what you are doing, then don't sell portable gamecubes.

I received a malfunctioning gamecube for nearly $900 and 3 months of waiting. It cost me another $100 to have all the things you messed up on fixed. Is that fair?

Here is what the person I asked to fix the cube had to say about just a few of the issues:

"Hack job does not even begin to describe it in my opinion... There are so many things I see wrong internally with this thing that I'm amazed it even worked as good as it did... I installed all new "squishy" tact switches for the dpad, so that should feel and work much better now. I also installed a new c-stick, because initially I had thought it was just bad, upon further investigation it turns out it was just wired wrong... Speakers were also wired incorrectly."

These are not my words.

ProgMetalMan

Post by ProgMetalMan » Mon May 28, 2012 7:33 pm

This ain't gonna end well. Keep it private, as in away from us.
ShockSlayer wrote:Proggy's right.
ttsgeb wrote:mfw prog was not only right, but 100% so.

gaking2010

Post by gaking2010 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:57 pm

Hello he was selling this on ebay to pay me back but i guess it did nt sell well and he hasn't responded to me in over a month and i ordered 4 portables in feb its been that long and i only received one which was a n64 without a charger so now i cant even use it so please can someone help me or C_Mon can we come to an agreement or something i gave you over 2 thousand for 4 portables and only got 1 cant believe this i can get like 8 xboxes for the price of this can someone please help me get this solve or something c-mon im waiting on your response i did everything as asked and hope you will do the same thanks please help . BenHeck also if you can partake in this if he dosent respond thnaks.

Muniosi

Post by Muniosi » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:13 pm

He may respect you more if you use proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

gaking2010

Post by gaking2010 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:08 pm

hello C_Mon is a good portable maker but sometimes has issues doing the portables because some are harder then others which i understand but I'm still waiting on your response. i have given you enough time and respect that we made a deal and i paid it all and received only 1 out of 4 and its been since February so can you please send me that response email. as im not trying to defame your name but want to receive what i deserve only so please email me back as i sent u 3 emails since july 6 and no response please email me back thanks