Digital Prototyping

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

ThatGoogleGuy
360 GamerTag:ThatGoogleGuy
Digital Prototyping

Post by ThatGoogleGuy » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:56 pm

I'm not sure if anyone has offered this already, but I think it may be pretty helpful to some of you. So please give me some feedback and let me know if you think people here would be able to benefit from this. I know being a CAD Designer that people pay you a lot of money to get you to illustrate their ideas in the real world, but I just want to know if you guys think this forum is a decent place to offer this service?

A lot of people get stuck on their projects when it comes to building a case, or actually being able to visualize the entire project.
So since I have a lot of free time this semester I thought it would be nice to help you guys bring your projects and ideas to life by
turning them into 3D CAD illustrations. So if you want to be able to show people your idea in a very visual way then this is for you.
Just send me an email with a rough drawing and please include dimensions. The drawing doesn't have to be computerized or professional
at all, a sketch or rough draft is good enough.

Here is an example:
A friend of mine sent me a very basic line drawing of a stylus set he wanted to make.

Then I brought it to life for the first time to show him how it would actually look.

Then I finished the set, and now he can pitch his idea.
ImageImage

So if you are interested in this, you can send me a PM on here or an email at thejacobauerbach@gmail.com
And if you are not, well I hope this was at least somewhat entertaining to read!

Oh one last thing. If you are stuck on case construction and looking to have a machine shop build your case, all you would need to do is bring in the CAD file and they will know what to do with it from there.