Gamecube Revolution

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

Ashen
Gamecube Revolution

Post by Ashen » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:23 am

Pics:
I found it impossible to get a decent pic of this decal, the pic makes it look meh, but it really turned out very nice.
Tried to get a good picture of the image quality on the screen, this one does it semi justice.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGAogDgQ7f8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Features:
Custom Vacuum formed case, slightly frankencased.
Dimensions: L: 9 3/16" H: 4 5/8" W: 1 1/2"
Weight: 1.955 lbs
5" Dalian "Good Screen"
GameCube component cable modded to output VGA (RGBHV) for the best image quality possible on the GameCube (480p)
AlmostWTF cut GameCube motherboard (onboard audio pre-amp retained) + Trimmed official GC heatsink with Lenovo Laptop dual fan @ 3.3v
WODE (severely stripped down) SD Loading only
6x 2600mah Lithium-Ion Batterys (7.4v 7800mah total) = Roughly 3.5 hours playtime. System is wired to "play and charge".
Zenloc's custom regulator: CPU=1.48v GPU=1.69v and 3.35v all regulated separately for maximum battery life.
Official GameCube controller with rumble relocation, Dual iPhone 3GS rumble motors, 3DS analog "sliders", Playstation D-Pad and fully functional L/R "triggers" via the dual tact mod.
Internal 128mb Memory card on slot "A", Internal SD Gecko on slot "B". Save game transfer possible via external adapter.
iPod/iPhone audio amp with DSLite speakers + switching headphone jack.
Mario's low battery indicator circuit. Active @ ~20 minutes left.
100% full of Ashen's blood sweat and tears.

Multi-disc game support via Emu_kid's Swiss: Coming soon

Special Thanks:
There are so freaking many people I should thank, and I don't want to leave anyone out so... I'll sum it up into two category's:
Emu_kid - For making this all possible in the first place.
EVERYONE - who has contributed in some way to the GameCube portablizing scene in the past months, so many new discoveries have been made and there are just to many people who have been there to help test, provide idea's or just provide general support/manlove, etc, etc. You guys all rock! You know who you are.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Re: Gamecube Revolution

Post by Black Six » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:35 am

Very awesome design. It looks nice and professional. I'm especially digging the artwork on the back - good job!
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops

Muniosi

Post by Muniosi » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:31 pm

Looks amazing. Is this the first time circle pads have been used on a custom-built portable?

Ashen

Post by Ashen » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:35 pm

My Fusion Micro's both use PSP "slider" analogs and SS's XGC uses 3DS sliders as well. There was a collaborative effort going on over at ModRetro on testing them/getting them to work between a bunch of modders.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. :)

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:06 am

Dang.

Just Dang.

I wish my stuff could come out looking (and working) that good :wtf:

nice work for sure!
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

markus
PSN Username:ikramtuht

Post by markus » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:12 pm

Holy crap! Ashen, you make the BEST Gamecube portables EVER! It looks fantastic! Very well done!
Markus

argelfraster

Post by argelfraster » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:59 pm

Sweet.

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:17 am

I'm really admiring the slider pads. Do you think that the paint on them will chip? Did you use rubber coating paint?

Really sweet job though.

Ashen

Post by Ashen » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:51 am

Nope, no special paint used on them. I would have liked to find some epoxy based colored paint for them but I can't find a distributor that sells any colors other than just standard black, white and almond for refinishing appliances. So its just normal enamel paint, its holding up well so far. :D

Time will tell how well this method will stand up. I can always re-do them in the future if I need to.

Thanks again everyone!