Automatic barista

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

pberrett
Automatic barista

Post by pberrett » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:40 am

Dear Ben

I have a challenge for you if you dare. But first let me outline the problem requiring a solution.

How often have you been to a busy coffee shop, ordered a cappucino but had to wait ten to fifteen minutes while all the coffee orders were prepared? Further the coffee milk preparation is a manual process. Surely this could be automated and speed everything up?

Your challenge is to build an automated, electronic, self cleaning coffee machine that produces real cappucinos, lattes with real frothy tops using real milk. The milk should be inside the machine and kept chilled when not in use i.e. incorporate a small fridge.

So all I as the autobarista operator should need to do is

(1) ensure there is enough milk in the machine,
(2) ensure the machine is full of Nespresso coffee caps (including decaffinated coffee caps)
(3) put a cup or mug under the nozzle
(4) order what you want (cappucino, latte etc, how many sugars etc) by pressing a button or two on the front of the machine

Let the machine produce the perfect cup of coffee WITHOUT BURNING THE MILK.

Are you up to the challenge Ben?

cheers
Peter Berrett VK3PB
http://www.amateurlogic.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ps for a bit of extra fun can you please add the ability to order a cup of coffee via the internet (ie make the coffee machine wifi enabled) and I will be happy to appear on camera via Skype and order a cup all the way from Melbourne Australia.

dragonhead

Re: Automatic barista

Post by dragonhead » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:55 pm

as an avid consumer of barista-prepared coffee constructions, i fully support this!

mmmm derishus

pberrett

Post by pberrett » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:00 pm

Hmmm

Methinks I made my suggestion too easy for Ben.

Let's make this a bit more challenging [Bwahahaahahahahahahahahahaha]

How about you not only do all the stuff I mentioned early but also incorporate a 2d design printing system so that once the machine has automatically made the cup of coffee, it prints, using coffee coloured froth, a design onto the top of the coffee just like the leaf in the picture above. You should be able to print any design including a stylised logo of Jeri Ellsworth or a Ben Heck logo. :)

You will never be able to build it . Bwahahahaahahahahahahahahhaha!

cheers Peter

dragonhead

Post by dragonhead » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:09 pm

pberrett wrote:Hmmm

Methinks I made my suggestion too easy for Ben.

Let's make this a bit more challenging [Bwahahaahahahahahahahahahaha]

How about you not only do all the stuff I mentioned early but also incorporate a 2d design printing system so that once the machine has automatically made the cup of coffee, it prints, using coffee coloured froth, a design onto the top of the coffee just like the leaf in the picture above. You should be able to print any design including a stylised logo of Jeri Ellsworth or a Ben Heck logo. :)

You will never be able to build it . Bwahahahaahahahahahahahahhaha!

cheers Peter

they have done this, but it has not been integrated into an all in one rig yet