New video is up. Less of me talking, more game play and showing off what it can do. I didn't take any new pics. You guys get the idea by now.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Still a few small things to do to the black unit. I need to install a 8v step down regulator to run the fan off of. I've ordered the parts but need to wait till they come in. The reason for this is the fan I used in the 2nd unit runs off 5v but it doesn't keep things that cool. 8v should provide a nice happy medium between fan loudness and cooling. I also need to open it back up to re-install the filtering caps on the video and audio lines. I'm getting a bit of interference on both lines for w/e reason in this unit and I think that will probably fix it.
Putting together this 2nd unit had its own set of problems. I ended up killing the original MB that was supposed to go in it, had some more fan issues (killed another ATI cooling fan in the process). I managed to somehow scratch the screen slightly in the upper right hand corner... Its barely noticeable while playing though thanks to some "homebrew" ways of fixing LCD scratches, thank goodness. I went through 3 sets of L/R buttons until I finally got the painting results I wanted on them and I managed to somehow glob some epoxy through one of the tiny speaker holes. I also managed to epoxy in the SD card in the SD Gecko slot in this one... thankfully I was able to pry it out and clean it up. I'll have to refine my way of mounting things into the case for the next units... All in all, besides those few minor flaws I think this one turned out just as nice or nicer than the first unit. Glad to be able to move on to rev. 2 or maybe even a new project in between. Thanks again to everyone here who helped and supported me along the way.