Cool sega thingy

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

DoctorNicholas
Cool sega thingy

Post by DoctorNicholas » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:19 pm

basically, take a radica sega genesis
take an everdrive
and even a 32x (optional)
and sandwhich in together (in that small case):
a sega genesis plug n play with an sd card slot on the back that also supports 32x roms (optional, not sure the hardware could handle it),
at the very least a radica plug n play with an sd card slot that will boot up the everdrive upon start. no cartridge slot. i would like one
of these because I like old sega stuff yet I have not much money or space (and i sold all that old stuff too) to build a collection fo sega
stuff. I like the radica because of its controller and the sound is intact. I also like the atgames variant (which does have an sd slot), though
the sound is off, doesnt save, and not every rom works. if you could get the street fighter two version, or sensible soccer version (ones a
2 player 6 button, the other is a 2 player 3 button), thats a + but 99% of the time im gy myself and im used to three buttons but whatever you
want to do :). thanks

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Re: Cool sega thingy

Post by eagle5953 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:44 pm

Radica doesn't support 32x hardware.

Dunno if it would support an Everdrive.

DoctorNicholas

Post by DoctorNicholas » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:10 pm

is it still possible for ben to make (me) something like this? if he needs to find an everdrive, he can get one here: http://shop.retrogate.com/Everdrive-MD-FLC0001.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. It should work cause I asked the guy who made them and he said it works in everything (from the xeye to the scorpion 16, a british knock off that was cheaper at the time) but the firecore, so if ben can make a cartridge slot (probably fit it in sideways, so the sd slot and that peg is in the back), then 99% it will work.

Reubensupernerd

Post by Reubensupernerd » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:46 pm

There's no point in doing this when there are gen clones that support roms on sd cards