Cubestation 3 Controller

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

metrolf
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:rasmooos
Cubestation 3 Controller

Post by metrolf » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:05 am

So I'm back and I thought I might show you, my fellow benheckians, my latest project that has taken quite a while to finish :o Basically, it's a PS3 controller stuffed into a gamecube wavebird controller case. Sort of in the same spirit as Bens PS360 controller, except I did not have a 360 controller lying around. I did however have a mutilated Wavebird controller lying around so I thought; why not give it a shot?

I did not exchange the buttons with X, O, Square and Triangle so A=X, B=Square, X=O and Y=Triangle. Added an extra Z-button and a switch underneath the controller that switches L1 and R1 (both Z-buttons), with L2 and R2 respectively, making it adjustable to whichever control-scheme suits the different games.

I still haven't gotten a better camera, so the pics are still pretty low-tier, but it looks pretty good in real life as well. Also I was going to take a picture of the insides before closing it up, but I was getting really excited about closing it up and trying it out so I forgot :wink:

Let me know what you think :D
Attachments
PIC1.JPG
Front of the controller
PIC1.JPG (62.94KiB)Viewed 4880 times
PIC2.JPG
Top of the controller
PIC2.JPG (60.76KiB)Viewed 4880 times
PIC3.JPG
Back of the controller
PIC3.JPG (50.94KiB)Viewed 4880 times
thewise1 wrote:
nobble wrote:
thewise1 wrote:Super long, but incredibly epic.
YESSSSSS!!!
Oh my gosh! What have I done?

Kyosho
Portablizer

Re: Cubestation 3 Controller

Post by Kyosho » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:49 pm

Very nice. I've always liked the feel of a Gamecube controller. The shape and ergonomics of it are near-perfect.

MrAfterFx
Portablizer
Steam ID:MrAfterFx

Post by MrAfterFx » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:07 pm

Yes amazing job! I am very impressed with your modding skill. 2000xp gained!

unicycler17
PSN Username:unicycler17

Post by unicycler17 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:45 pm

Very nicely done. It'd be really cool if you put a little playstation logo in the middle.... the controller looks sorta empty there.