Un-portabalization

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

Do you think this is true?

Yes
23%
No
9%
Somewhat
14%
Kinda
11%
Fudgeballs
11%
Diet Coke
6%
Peanut butter
26%

Total votes: 35

atlacing1
360 GamerTag:ATLacing1
Un-portabalization

Post by atlacing1 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:39 pm

:facepalm: I honestly think you should un-portabalise some handhelds. For instance, playng a psp on a full sized T.V. would be amazing! Or playing DS on a touch screen laptop would be pretty cool. Such devices would be great because I'm sure nobody likes playing good games on such a tiny screen. Now I don't have a Psp but I've played one. Boy, I don't like to have to play good games on such a small screen. I know it's "portable", but is it fun for you to have to strain your eyes to play a video game? I hope I have made my point on how horrible the tiny screens on a hand held are. :facepalm: :mrgreen:

thegreatgonzo
PSN Username:datsunzcar84

Re: Un-portabalization

Post by thegreatgonzo » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:52 pm

They make a cord for the PSP 2000 on ward to play on the TV.
and yes I think it would be cool... As I get older and my eyesight gets worse .

Snow_Cat
Steam ID:Snow_Cat

Post by Snow_Cat » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:28 pm

Seems reasonible.

Olimar Comcast.netDS/jumbotron

atlacing1
360 GamerTag:ATLacing1

Post by atlacing1 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:16 pm

Snow_Cat wrote:Seems reasonible.

Olimar Comcast.netDS/jumbotron
I see some people are agreeing. Thank you for your support. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

com64
PSN Username:Megami64
Steam ID:munchluxe63

Post by com64 » Sat May 07, 2011 1:19 am

How about unpotibleizing something that isn't very portable in the first place, like the Atari Lynx or the Game Gear? That's what I'd do. It would be pretty sweet to play the Atari Lynx without breaking your thumbs each time because the d-pad is so stiff, and playing the Game Gear and actually being able to see everything. Oh, and I just can't take the DS's buttons after not playing it for half a year... so small...
Finally: the surface!

Kumimono
PSN Username:Kumimono
360 GamerTag:Kumimono
Steam ID:Jarska333

Post by Kumimono » Wed May 11, 2011 8:43 am

What I've understood, getting the picture out of Lynx or Game Gear is a bit of a challenge. Controls and sounds should be relatively easy, though. Of course, something like PSP would be simple, with build-in tv-out. Perhaps rig some wifi-controllers, put it all in an old NES-box (which you've gutted for a portable), and viola! :mrgreen:

I've had this brainbug of getting the innards out of a Gamegear, and inserting them into an old slide projector, the LCD where the slides go... Huge screen GG. :wink: Of course, one might only need a lamp of sufficient luminosity, and perhaps a bit of optics.