Head Tracking for Wii

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

Thunderchin
Head Tracking for Wii

Post by Thunderchin » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:06 pm

I envision a system where a person can turn his head and look at something, and the Wii pointer will look where the person is looking (both head and eyes, don't want my neck throwing off my aim), and possibly even zoom in when the user squints. (Iron sights or scope in game?)

Nunchuk and button stick jacks standard, and will work with all games involving the pointer (including Metroid: Other M, which involves rotating the Wiimote sideways and vertically alternately). Maybe it can even be compatible with 3D televisions and surround sound headphones!

Anyway, I'll get off the soapbox now.
CURRENTLY WORKING ON:
Project "Trinity"
So named because of its tripartite formfactor, this is basically a universal controller for PC, Mac, Linux, and a whole host of consoles including Xbox 360, all Sega, and all Nintendo consoles to date.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Re: Head Tracking for Wii

Post by bicostp » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:07 pm

There's an easy redneck solution to at least half this request that involves duct tape and a bicycle helmet. :lol:

For the eye tracking and squinting, you'd need the equivalent of a Kinect hanging a foot in front of your head. Doesn't sound like there's a comfortable way to put something like that together and make it functional yet.

Thunderchin

Re: Head Tracking for Wii

Post by Thunderchin » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:44 pm

I agree. Twas but a suggestion to console manufacturers.
CURRENTLY WORKING ON:
Project "Trinity"
So named because of its tripartite formfactor, this is basically a universal controller for PC, Mac, Linux, and a whole host of consoles including Xbox 360, all Sega, and all Nintendo consoles to date.