1st 360 laptop finished!

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

low_budget
Re: 1st 360 laptop finished!

Post by low_budget » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:30 pm

Mind if I offer some suggestions?

Using the old style heatpipe CPU heatsink on the GPU is a good idea, but I think you may need to rotate it 90 degrees so it makes full contact with the GPU and RAM heat spreaders. Of course you would have to reposition the fans.

You could probably tap the monitor's power from the 360 power brick (by soldering to the XBOX PCB) so there's only 1 power cord

You're probably not going to get $900 from selling this. I lowered the price of my PS3 laptop to $1,000 and it still hasn't sold. A word of advice: don't build projects like these if you intend to sell them for profit, it just doesn't work. A minimum wage job would probably pay more.

My question is: how do you get games on the hard drive since there is no DVD drive?

weaver

Post by weaver » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:35 pm

Yes I wanted to solder the power for the monitor right to the brick but, I don't know where the 12v line is on the psu. I guess I need to open it up and use my multimeter but, the screws on the power brick are all stripped.

Also I didn't make it to make money. I made this because I wanted to and I'm selling it to make another.

I use a microsoft hard drive transfer cable that plugs the HDD into my computer using usb to put the back-ups on the HDD.

weaver

Post by weaver » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:41 pm

Mind if I offer some suggestions?

Using the old style heatpipe CPU heatsink on the GPU is a good idea, but I think you may need to rotate it 90 degrees so it makes full contact with the GPU and RAM heat spreaders. Of course you would have to reposition the fans.
I think the heat pipe gets in the way of the cpu heatsink if you do it that way but, I'm not sure.

gamax92

Post by gamax92 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:56 pm

Thank you.
I DONT CARE ABOUT POST COUNT.
nevermind1534 wrote:By, I cringe every time I see a post by you, because of the immense number of useless comments that seem to be there for no reason other than to up your post count.
I DONT CARE ABOUT POST COUNT.
#DCE1E5 #ECECEC