We Need Chat!!!

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight
Re: We Need Chat!!!

Post by jdmlight » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:24 pm

Why don't we try doing something dead-simple? Let's start an AIM chatroom called "thebenheckchatroom" and see if anyone uses it.

I'm pretty sure IRC was attempted at one point, but it failed for some reason or another.
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

bassmasta
Steam ID:randomguy737

Post by bassmasta » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:47 pm

http://tinychat.com/thebenheckchatroom" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This could work too, and it doesn't require a AIM username.
zeturi wrote:If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:17 pm

I think the old IRC room fell into disuse because almost everybody used a really terrible Java client back in the day.

The only problem with using a chat system for quick Q&A is there's no decent archive of it, so we'd likely wind up with a steady flow of people asking the same questions over and over again.

gamax92

Post by gamax92 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:22 pm

I guess. but if we ask the question to (insert name here). He could answer and post to his thread.
The repeted question goes away.

Besides. im not you. your not me. we dont think the same.
I DONT CARE ABOUT POST COUNT.
nevermind1534 wrote:By, I cringe every time I see a post by you, because of the immense number of useless comments that seem to be there for no reason other than to up your post count.
I DONT CARE ABOUT POST COUNT.
#DCE1E5 #ECECEC

bassmasta
Steam ID:randomguy737

Post by bassmasta » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:41 pm

gamax92 wrote:I guess. but if we ask the question to (insert name here). He could answer and post to his thread.
The repeted question goes away.
Right, because the questions are never asked more than once. :roll:
zeturi wrote:If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.