Newly Designed PSP case that does away with some stuff

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

BigHen
Newly Designed PSP case that does away with some stuff

Post by BigHen » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:44 am

I have been trying to get a design going for the psp system that does away with the crappy disc tray as I run everything off pro duo sticks, and also change the screen to a touch screen that tilts so you can hold it at a "personally" better angle. I have a few ideas of the shape and it would be changed to accomodate a slimmer look and a matte finish instead of the fingerprint magnet black they have them in now. Also I do not like the psp go but adding a flash drive in the slot where the disc tray was would be awesome. If anyone else thinks this would be a good idea post here!!!

Thanks Ben You are the greatest

BioHazzrd

Re: Newly Designed PSP case that does away with some stuff

Post by BioHazzrd » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:15 pm

This mod is impossible a touch screen would require Sony to build it in themselves... Yes if you put CFW on it and ran another "OS" then it would work but games would still not be compatible...

You can pull out the UMD slot but as again Sony would have to add extra memory there at the "OS" on the psp does not support it...

The Matte finish you can do either paint it or order a case from XCM

All in all most of this has been floating around on all psp sites for a while and it hasn't been done because it cant be done
If at first you don't succeed... Call it version 0.5