Super Nintendo Portable

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

gamefreak11
Portablizer
Super Nintendo Portable

Post by gamefreak11 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:06 pm

Finally, I completed this project. I was going to be done a lot sooner, but a bunch of mishaps occured. When I sealed everything up, the down button was not responding to well. I went and opened the case, but I had hotglued everything so securely I had to rip the controller board out. This caused a major slit in the portable. I then had to take everything else out, and repaint and re-puddy the case. It was then that I got a little tired of the project and left it in my basement for a while. Then one day, sewage flooded our basement and I was sure my project was doomed. However, about a week ago, I found it unscatched (although open and vanurable) on a shelf. That is when I finished it.

So.. without further ado...

The system is run off of two 7.2 volt 2200 mah batteries in parallel. I have no idea how long it lasts, because I've been playing it forever. Unfortunatley, the select button does not work, but I do not know if it really necessary. In total, I spent over $250 and about 5 or so months on this project. The lcd screen is modded.

And here is a youtube video (crappy, I know):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKYpuj1-P2M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I may sell this unit, if I receive any good offers.

markus
PSN Username:ikramtuht

Re: Super Nintendo Portable

Post by markus » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:09 pm

that's pretty good! just finish up the bottom a bit, and you'll have a great SNESp!
Markus

gamefreak11
Portablizer

Re: Super Nintendo Portable

Post by gamefreak11 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:32 pm

Thanks. You two are talking about the bottom of the cartridge cover, right?