various portable stickies

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

lovablechevy
Portablizer Extraordinaire
various portable stickies

Post by lovablechevy » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:04 pm

would it be possible to start a fresh new sticky for some of the sections? i noticed the snesp list was last edited in june 2006... only just over 4 years ago... and nes section was nearly 1 year ago... i realize those two are due to g-force being the creator... but really. that's a long time without being updated properly... i wouldn't mind regathering all the info.
they call me the Queen of Bondo, though maybe i should be called the Queen of Epoxy Putty

current project - code name: blue mushroom!

hailrazer

Re: various portable stickies

Post by hailrazer » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:00 am

I have suggested it for over a year now and offered to do it all myself. Even did it for the N64 section and all that was done was the first post was "slightly" modded instead of totally overhauled. :roll:

There seems to be no real interest from Ben or mods here to keep it organized or up to date unfortunately.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

lovablechevy

Post by lovablechevy » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:23 am

hmm... well i guess i could just make my own, even if they aren't stickied, and just keep up with them. *shrugs* i just didn't want to do that and get yelled at since there is already a sticky.
they call me the Queen of Bondo, though maybe i should be called the Queen of Epoxy Putty

current project - code name: blue mushroom!

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:50 pm

Everybody's welcome to come up with new sticky OPs, and if they get positive feedback we'll sticky it as the new one.

However, the Reference section was set up to replace stickies because it helps solve the "one poster is in charge of the vital resource" problem. Maybe if we moved the Reference subforums to the appropriate console forums they'd get more regular use? That would just add a subforum to the top of every forum, like the Trading Post and F42 have. (I suppose that wouldn't take up as much space as 50 stickies though, would it? :lol:)

gamax92

Post by gamax92 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:24 pm

Yeah. The sticks about "info" have sites that are too old or just dont exist anymore.
Some sort of method to add info to the stick or give the sticky to a new owner.
Most of them are outdated.
I DONT CARE ABOUT POST COUNT.
nevermind1534 wrote:By, I cringe every time I see a post by you, because of the immense number of useless comments that seem to be there for no reason other than to up your post count.
#DCE1E5 #ECECEC

gamax92

Post by gamax92 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:55 pm

MrAfterFx wrote:I cant stand the broken links in the stickies. I would like to know what I am working with rather than take a wild guess due to the fact the picture link is broken. Or even on compiled lists of portables it seems it is always like this :

His/Her post :

Here is my portable it is super cool and I want you guys to see it here is the link http://www.thisimagedoesnotexist/brokenlink.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My reply :

There is no picture can you upload to photobucket or something? :wtf:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

His/Her reply : IDK how... trust me it looks really cool and I want to sell it :)
lol exactly.
Some guy on a forum wrote:Here is the picture to solving the puzzle. Image
The picture expired.
Well too bad.
it like well i just wasted time clicking this broken link.
nevermind1534 wrote:By, I cringe every time I see a post by you, because of the immense number of useless comments that seem to be there for no reason other than to up your post count.
#DCE1E5 #ECECEC

bicostp

Post by bicostp » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:27 pm

Well, if the link's target is lost to the mists of time anyway and you desperately need the information it once held, try The Internet Archive.

http://web.archive.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gamax92

Post by gamax92 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:51 pm

theres no like images and looks dull as hell.

You could also try:

Code: Select all

Google cache: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?hl=en&q=cache%3A(Insert web site here)&btnG=Search
EDIT: Dont do what bicostp posted. use this: http://waybackmachine.org/
#DCE1E5 #ECECEC

gamax92

Post by gamax92 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:17 pm

Its okay. Your just learning.
#DCE1E5 #ECECEC

bicostp

Post by bicostp » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:09 pm

gamax92 wrote:EDIT: Dont do what bicostp posted. use this: http://waybackmachine.org/
You do realize that waybackmachine.org is just a frontend web.archive.org, right? :facepalm: Any images missing from an archive on web.archive.org will also be missing from waybackmachine.org. (Unless you're referring to the OOH SHINY web 2.0 interface.)

gamax92

Post by gamax92 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:12 pm

exactly. much better site. :mrgreen:

EDIT: DUHHHHHHHHHH!
#DCE1E5 #ECECEC