Welcome to Project Submissions Discussion!

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
e3c
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:51 am

Re: Welcome to Project Submissions Discussion!

Post by e3c » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:10 am

Ill give it cheap only 150000 all you need to complete it is a psdox for those of you who don't know its every Nintendo sony and Microsoft gaming console made from 1980-2095 only 3 were made one for each CEO I took mine from bill gates 2 years ago. Anyways it fried so you'll need to get one from shiyu minamoto or whoever made Sony what's that no names name? Anyways if try to get it from the Sony guy. I'm getting shiyus some time this month while he's away!
My For Sale Thread

^ Rare Moniter, Many Consoles, And More!

User avatar
seanmacdonn
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 1:37 pm
Location: H20villle

Re: Welcome to Project Submissions Discussion!

Post by seanmacdonn » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:10 am

What about household electronics. Like a touch sensitive metal plate that would replace your everyday light switch (like those lamps you touch and they turn on) with a dimmer that works by sliding your finger up and down. Or on a different note, make a fighting robot and enter some tournaments... (If the top one doesn't make sense I'll make a picture)

User avatar
The Smooth
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Welcome to Project Submissions Discussion!

Post by The Smooth » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:37 am

Make a device that acts like a usb mass storage device, that let's you play the rom from your n64 cartridge on the computer.
Kinda like snega2usb, but instead of a snes cartridge it would be a n64 cartridge.
Let's just say my portable has got loads of win!!! *hint *hint
Transformice is so addictive!

User avatar
e3c
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:51 am

Re: Welcome to Project Submissions Discussion!

Post by e3c » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:55 pm

The Smooth wrote:Make a device that acts like a usb mass storage device, that let's you play the rom from your n64 cartridge on the computer.
Kinda like snega2usb, but instead of a snes cartridge it would be a n64 cartridge.
There was a device like that which I think was mass produced in 1986 or so. With atari I think. Of you look through video game history if roms you'll see why that's illegal as there was a huge lawsuit because of a similar item so no. Check Nintendo copyrights
My For Sale Thread

^ Rare Moniter, Many Consoles, And More!

User avatar
The Smooth
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Welcome to Project Submissions Discussion!

Post by The Smooth » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:47 pm

The Smooth wrote:n64 cartridge
Let's just say my portable has got loads of win!!! *hint *hint
Transformice is so addictive!

what
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:20 am
Location: The Mushroom Kingdom of Hyrule

Re: Welcome to Project Submissions Discussion!

Post by what » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:35 pm

e3c wrote:
The Smooth wrote:Make a device that acts like a usb mass storage device, that let's you play the rom from your n64 cartridge on the computer.
Kinda like snega2usb, but instead of a snes cartridge it would be a n64 cartridge.
There was a device like that which I think was mass produced in 1986 or so. With atari I think. Of you look through video game history if roms you'll see why that's illegal as there was a huge lawsuit because of a similar item so no. Check Nintendo copyrights
Actually, I'm fairly certain that it's perfectly legal. If you own the game physically, you can own "backups" of the said game. Anyways, that's already been made. Here, a link:
http://www.retrode.org/
It is not standard with the device, but it's fairly simple to hook one up, although it takes a long time to load.

User avatar
e3c
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:51 am

Re: Welcome to Project Submissions Discussion!

Post by e3c » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:38 pm

what wrote:
e3c wrote:
The Smooth wrote:Make a device that acts like a usb mass storage device, that let's you play the rom from your n64 cartridge on the computer.
Kinda like snega2usb, but instead of a snes cartridge it would be a n64 cartridge.
There was a device like that which I think was mass produced in 1986 or so. With atari I think. Of you look through video game history if roms you'll see why that's illegal as there was a huge lawsuit because of a similar item so no. Check Nintendo copyrights
Actually, I'm fairly certain that it's perfectly legal. If you own the game physically, you can own "backups" of the said game. Anyways, that's already been made. Here, a link:
http://www.retrode.org/
It is not standard with the device, but it's fairly simple to hook one up, although it takes a long time to load.

Actually no you can backup with xboxes and some other companies consoles but Nintendo has a strict copyright rule over that. Not even if you have the game backups are not aloud
My For Sale Thread

^ Rare Moniter, Many Consoles, And More!

User avatar
The Smooth
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Welcome to Project Submissions Discussion!

Post by The Smooth » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:06 pm

BEHOLD MY ENTRY

That's why you just don't press control and c, and instead stream it of the cart.
Problem solved
btw I know the guy at retrode is making an adapter but I want to see what it would be like if ben does it.
Let's just say my portable has got loads of win!!! *hint *hint
Transformice is so addictive!

what
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:20 am
Location: The Mushroom Kingdom of Hyrule

Re: Welcome to Project Submissions Discussion!

Post by what » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:36 pm

He already made the adapter. It can now play n64, Snes, Genesis, Atari, GBA, GBC, GB, and I THINK he may be working on more. You have to pay extra for the adapters, though. Worth it.

User avatar
The Smooth
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Welcome to Project Submissions Discussion!

Post by The Smooth » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:32 am

what wrote:He already made the adapter
Read the fine print of my other post.
Let's just say my portable has got loads of win!!! *hint *hint
Transformice is so addictive!

GeneralShrike
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:54 pm
360 GamerTag: GeneralShrike

Re: Welcome to Project Submissions Discussion!

Post by GeneralShrike » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:53 pm

This is more of a controler mod for the ps3 or xbox. My idea is to replace the right thumb stick with a headset. The headset needs to detect movement so when you look left it would be like pushing the right stick left. Your head becomes the right stick so in fps games to look left you literaly look left, to look right you literaly look right, ect. The further you look the faster your character turns just like pushing the stick. This way there isn't any software modding and you don't have to turn around while playing. I realize that you would have to add a button to the controler to replace pushing down on the stick but that isn't a big problem. :) You can even adjust the in game sensitivity so you don't have to get dizzy with head movement. I realize that you might loose sight of the tv as you turn your head so you could go the whole 9 yards and make some sort of helmit that would act as your tv too. It would incorporate the movement detectors, screen, and even some surround sound headphones so that putting it on would be like entering your gaming world.

I know the helmit idea is a little over the top but the head = look idea would further help people get into there games and make fps that much more realistic.

User avatar
humakabula1
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 3:11 am
360 GamerTag: H1writer
Location: Diggi Down Under

Re: Welcome to Project Submissions Discussion!

Post by humakabula1 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:16 am

GeneralShrike wrote:This is more of a controler mod for the ps3 or xbox. My idea is to replace the right thumb stick with a headset. The headset needs to detect movement so when you look left it would be like pushing the right stick left. Your head becomes the right stick so in fps games to look left you literaly look left, to look right you literaly look right, ect. The further you look the faster your character turns just like pushing the stick. This way there isn't any software modding and you don't have to turn around while playing. I realize that you would have to add a button to the controler to replace pushing down on the stick but that isn't a big problem. :) You can even adjust the in game sensitivity so you don't have to get dizzy with head movement. I realize that you might loose sight of the tv as you turn your head so you could go the whole 9 yards and make some sort of helmit that would act as your tv too. It would incorporate the movement detectors, screen, and even some surround sound headphones so that putting it on would be like entering your gaming world.

I know the helmit idea is a little over the top but the head = look idea would further help people get into there games and make fps that much more realistic.
Its been done, but not only that it has a screen in it too!

What about being a total ninja and shrinking the 360 mobo?
Wedgix (custom linux distro): 20% complete

Tritan411
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:16 pm
360 GamerTag: Tritan411
Steam ID: Tritan411

Re: Welcome to Project Submissions Discussion!

Post by Tritan411 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:19 pm

Im thinking a Sega Saturn Portable

Thunderchin
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:34 pm
Location: Wherever I need to be.
Contact:

Re: Welcome to Project Submissions Discussion!

Post by Thunderchin » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:01 pm

GeneralShrike wrote:This is more of a controler mod for the ps3 or xbox. My idea is to replace the right thumb stick with a headset. The headset needs to detect movement so when you look left it would be like pushing the right stick left. Your head becomes the right stick so in fps games to look left you literaly look left, to look right you literaly look right, ect. The further you look the faster your character turns just like pushing the stick. This way there isn't any software modding and you don't have to turn around while playing. I realize that you would have to add a button to the controler to replace pushing down on the stick but that isn't a big problem. :) You can even adjust the in game sensitivity so you don't have to get dizzy with head movement. I realize that you might loose sight of the tv as you turn your head so you could go the whole 9 yards and make some sort of helmit that would act as your tv too. It would incorporate the movement detectors, screen, and even some surround sound headphones so that putting it on would be like entering your gaming world.

I know the helmit idea is a little over the top but the head = look idea would further help people get into there games and make fps that much more realistic.
How about a headset that takes this idea and integrates some declassified US Air Force technology? Apparently, helicopter pilots can aim their guns using both head tracking and looking at where your eyes are looking. Maybe something similar, built into a pair of 3D glasses? I could look my reticle onto my enemy.
CURRENTLY WORKING ON:
Project "Trinity"
So named because of its tripartite formfactor, this is basically a universal controller for PC, Mac, Linux, and a whole host of consoles including Xbox 360, all Sega, and all Nintendo consoles to date.

User avatar
AndyHope
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:43 pm
PSN Username: AndyHope
Location: Victoria BC Canada

Re: Welcome to Project Submissions Discussion!

Post by AndyHope » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:52 pm

I've got a good one,

How about a fallout PipBoy, I got bored an modeled this up in one of my 3d modeling classes.

you could use small LCD screen 4x3 or something as such then use one of these,
http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9168

and create some awesome command line type ASCII graphics for the screen menus.
just add a microcontroller and a Geiger counter and your set!

*edit* or even this
http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10089
Attachments
PipBoy.PNG
PipBoy.PNG (71.79 KiB) Viewed 10762 times
fallout-3-20080128111219779.jpg
fallout-3-20080128111219779.jpg (63.06 KiB) Viewed 10762 times
Last edited by AndyHope on Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Andy

Post Reply