Finished nesP in cartridge case !!!

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

limpport
Re: Finished nesP in cartridge case !!!

Post by limpport » Tue May 11, 2010 11:01 pm

superspudz2000 wrote:excellent professional looking job. you put a lot of thought and effort into this. really nice. this is what a mod should look like. although emulation be better with a "dingoo" PMP, rather than a regular generic PMP. but a really awesome mod nonetheless.

Donalbain619

Post by Donalbain619 » Wed May 12, 2010 1:29 pm

Nice trading card. :D
I have nothing clever to say here. Sorry.

tacos.r.oxm

Post by tacos.r.oxm » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:38 pm

hay airz i think it is a very nice piece of machinery and im am looking forward to seeing more of your work. I am new to the hacking scene and this is what made want to start. what i really wanted to ask for awhile now is if you can send me some specs and the name of the chinese brand media player so that i can possibly make one for myself. I will not take any credit for the creation nor the improvents made by you or darkeru. Ill even engrave your usernames on it for assurance. Thank you. If you do wish to contact me do so at Tacos.r.oxm@gmail.com

Gadasara

Post by Gadasara » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:57 am

Just an answer: Can you give me the project of the NESp? I want make it too!!!
contact me by e-mail at gre.modder@gmail.com

thanks

airz
Portablizer

Post by airz » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:56 am

geeze if you guys read the thread you can find most of the information. beyond that i cant help you very much. :facepalm:
Image Image Image

Gadasara

Post by Gadasara » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:52 am

Another question: were did you get a Nes-on-a-chip?
I'm curious.

mako321

Post by mako321 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:48 pm

Gadasara wrote:Another question: were did you get a Nes-on-a-chip?
I'm curious.
airz wrote:geeze if you guys read the thread you can find most of the information. beyond that i cant help you very much. :facepalm:

shafquat301

Post by shafquat301 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:55 am

This is a fastidious looking device you have here. I couldn't help but ponder for a while if it was truly real. It seems to be good to be true. In an era of sophisticated technology we are detaching ourselves from the creative, fun, and simple games that we grew up playing with. To top it all you made with simple stuff in and around you. The description and the procedure of how you made it seems very intriguing. I mean it has a got a 4gb storage, plays game boy, but above all, THE TV OUTPUT. I can't help but notice the extent of creativity and vision needed to accomplish something like this. It was a very efficient use and manipulation of readily available Chinese technology. Although the design and the structure looks fabulous, if for the next one there could be smaller and a more subtle design, and also if you are able to toss in some other features to it, it will indeed be highly legendary. I would really love to have something like this, it is a great gift for my younger brother who is tech freak but only in all sorts of modern games and technical devices. Giving this to him may change his perception in life.

reincarnatorfly

Post by reincarnatorfly » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:23 pm

loved so much im going to try and build my own

great work airz

hashiriya1

Post by hashiriya1 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:34 pm

That is awesome!

Hrduncan
Portablizer

Post by Hrduncan » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:02 pm

hashiriya1 wrote:That is awesome!
check out my blog!

http://hrduncan.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

retrodelee

Post by retrodelee » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:18 pm

Is it possible for you to upload that firmware again?
I just got everything I needed to work on this project (need a confidence builder prior to going back to my Portable Atari. LOL)

MrAfterFx
Portablizer
Steam ID:MrAfterFx

Post by MrAfterFx » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:03 am

Why haven't I seen this before!?! Looks freaking amazing and original! Great work my friend on this "Noac Portable"!

retrodelee

Post by retrodelee » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:25 am

Airz...

I'm about 75 percent done with my 'clone' of your project.
What's up with the controls on this PMP?

I've noticed that you have wires going to every ground on the controller and then to every ground of the PMP buttons.
I've noticed that you also wired up all 4 buttons on the right hand side for the B and A buttons. Any reason why? The Top and Right button seems to not work correctly in most games (For instance if you swing a bat in a baseball game, it gives you a check swing rather than a full swing).

So I am having issues with the wiring part of the controls... which should be really straight forward. I'm not really sure what the deal is. On the PMP, when you remove the plastic film covering the buttons, you see two circles (a smaller one and one that goes around it. One I assume is ground and the other I assume is the 'juice'. Which is which? I can't seem to get the buttons to register anything after I took those plastic films off (I even tried to replace it... nothing)

retrodelee

Post by retrodelee » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:31 am

Dear God I'm such a dufus. LOL
As soon as I pushed the "SEND" button I realized I needed to check something else.

Note to all... the HOLD button was the 'dufus' moment. You can still power on the PMP... but the buttons are locked out.

Geez. I spent two hours on that! Moving on... I need to get a few really good MICRO push buttons... then I can pretty much wrap this up!