Trading Post Feedback

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3
Trading Post Feedback

Post by vskid » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:30 pm

Its been discussed before, but now we have a place to discuss it. 8) The current system is ok, but it for sure isn't the best. So, if anyone has ideas, post them.

mikeyg
PSN Username:mikeyg95

Re: Trading Post Feedback

Post by mikeyg » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:34 pm

vskid wrote:Its been discussed before, but now we have a place to discuss it. 8) The current system is ok, but it for sure isn't the best. So, if anyone has ideas, post them.
I would like to say, updated frequently. :D
Also, maybe if we can just make it clearer, scammers, slow shippers, and great to work with.. :)
I agree with Afro's below suggestion.
Last edited by mikeyg on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AfroLH

Post by AfroLH » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:38 pm

There should be some sort of system of Rank Images.
1 For:
Good Seller
Good Buyer
Bad Seller
Bad Buyer
Scammer
Great Seller
Great Buyer

I think that would make it easy to go look at their profile and see what they are.

64M320N3

Post by 64M320N3 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:04 pm

I know a while ago some people wanted an ebay type dealio.
As that would be cool, I'm not sure of its workablility.
What I have always wanted, however, is a bidding system. First dibs (while has worked in the past) is kind of lame.
(Also, I want a better search bar where we could find individual components instead of sifting through an exhausting amount of threads to find what you want. I know this has already been mentioned, but it would make trading post threads irrelevant and there would simply only be one unit per page (or a lot of similar things).
Making stuff with my new beautiful CNC machine!
Would you like a professional looking custom case for your portable? I may be able to help you. Check out this link:
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=32724

rikitheshadow

Post by rikitheshadow » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:54 am

If anything maybe something on our profiles in general that shows feedback from trading, selling, or buying. If not on our profiles themselves, a specialized page that lists all the users and their feedback, history, so on so forth. I know we can't all peer into our PMs but surely someone will spread word of untrustworthy users.

hackmodford
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hackmodford » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:52 pm

64M320N3 wrote:I know a while ago some people wanted an ebay type dealio.
As that would be cool, I'm not sure of its workablility.
What I have always wanted, however, is a bidding system. First dibs (while has worked in the past) is kind of lame.
(Also, I want a better search bar where we could find individual components instead of sifting through an exhausting amount of threads to find what you want. I know this has already been mentioned, but it would make trading post threads irrelevant and there would simply only be one unit per page (or a lot of similar things).
Or in other words. Instead of creating a topic with everything. We can just add each individual item to the list of available items. That way somebody could search N64 and would find everybody that has one for sale. And you wouldn't have to bump threads to get noticed.

You could even list something years ago and just say I have this old Controller in my closet. If anyone wants it this is how much etc...

Cool idea to me... 8)

qerkdtx

Post by qerkdtx » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:32 pm

I do like this idea, however I find the randomness of items in the trading post nice. Instead of having to look for the items I want I can see whats available. I know that I have bought a few items that i wasn't looking for, but I thought were cool and purchased. if this new proposed idea takes effect many many sales would never happen.

64M320N3

Post by 64M320N3 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:46 pm

hackmodford wrote:Or in other words, instead of creating a topic with everything, we can just add each individual item to the list of available items. That way somebody could search N64 and would find everybody that has one for sale. And you wouldn't have to bump threads to get noticed.

You could even list something years ago and just say I have this old Controller in my closet. If anyone wants it this is how much etc...

Cool idea to me... 8)
Exactly. :D
Making stuff with my new beautiful CNC machine!
Would you like a professional looking custom case for your portable? I may be able to help you. Check out this link:
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=32724