The Afternoon projects thread.

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

Tibia
PSN Username:Tibia1013
Steam ID:Mulder101361
Re: The Afternoon projects thread.

Post by Tibia » Sat May 02, 2009 9:02 pm

I wasn't originally planning on posting this, as it is so pointless, but if we have a thread for it, why not? Someone did ask to see it. It's just a pink LED in an N64. My camera doesn't perceive the pink light very well, so I took the pic with a stock N64 to try and show the difference.

ImageClick on the pic if you want to see the larger version, for whatever reason. lol

Anyway, the story behind it, if anyone cares. Last spring, May 31 to be exact, a good friend of mine was murdered. It's been a very rough year. They know who did it, and he's still walking around free, the trial keeps getting delayed. Her family has upgraded their game consoles, and decided to get rid of the older stuff, so this was part of a pile given to me. Because this is systems she'd have played on when she was younger, I really want to be damn sure I hang on to them. Her absolute favorite color was pink, and her family has had several large runs of pink gel bracelets manufactured for her friends/family to wear, so pink was the obvious choice, even if it's not my thing. So now I get faced and play it, and it's a bit like getting to play with her again.
This post brought to you by David Duchovny's glorious nipples.

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Sat May 02, 2009 9:11 pm

I am sorry about your friend. And thanks for posting something in the thread. This doesn't seem pointless at all to me. Doing something, however small it may be, in honor of a passed friend is not pointless at all.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Sat May 02, 2009 9:49 pm

Tibia wrote:I wasn't originally planning on posting this, as it is so pointless, but if we have a thread for it, why not? Someone did ask to see it. It's just a pink LED in an N64. My camera doesn't perceive the pink light very well, so I took the pic with a stock N64 to try and show the difference.

ImageClick on the pic if you want to see the larger version, for whatever reason. lol

Anyway, the story behind it, if anyone cares. Last spring, May 31 to be exact, a good friend of mine was murdered. It's been a very rough year. They know who did it, and he's still walking around free, the trial keeps getting delayed. Her family has upgraded their game consoles, and decided to get rid of the older stuff, so this was part of a pile given to me. Because this is systems she'd have played on when she was younger, I really want to be damn sure I hang on to them. Her absolute favorite color was pink, and her family has had several large runs of pink gel bracelets manufactured for her friends/family to wear, so pink was the obvious choice, even if it's not my thing. So now I get faced and play it, and it's a bit like getting to play with her again.
That's so sad :cry: :cry:

Arrow-->

Post by Arrow--> » Sun May 03, 2009 4:25 pm

:cry: :(
why does the trial keep getting delayed?

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Sun May 03, 2009 6:09 pm

Sweet. Now this is stickied!

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Tue May 05, 2009 3:45 pm

One "afternoon project" I made a few months ago was a home-made KVM type switch for computers - I made a build thread here, but the .PDF is on my Wordpress site.

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Tue May 05, 2009 3:50 pm

Technically, I should be the most frequent poster in this thread! :lol:

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Tue May 05, 2009 5:15 pm

I built a power supply.

samjc3
Steam ID:samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Tue May 05, 2009 5:59 pm

ive built several ipod speakers, but i sold em all, and i dont have pics. one was actually a beautamus frankencase! :)
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

themadhacker

Re: Wii Laptop Screen Surgery

Post by themadhacker » Thu May 07, 2009 12:53 pm

Umm. ok. It looks more like something that belongs in my afternoon projects thread, though.

Arrow-->

Re: Wii Laptop Screen Surgery

Post by Arrow--> » Thu May 07, 2009 2:05 pm

I can see on the screen you have world of goo
is it any good?

metalcookie

Post by metalcookie » Sun May 10, 2009 8:03 pm

i was bored one day, had 15 bucks to spare, and went to lowes. those three things and me don't mix well.
i built a high pressure water rocket launcher :mrgreen:
unfortunately i made it too well and i can't fire it off again til i make it safer :(
Citizen Kane

samjc3
Steam ID:samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Sun May 10, 2009 8:19 pm

metalcookie wrote:i was bored one day, had 15 bucks to spare, and went to lowes. those three things and me don't mix well.
i built a high pressure water rocket launcher :mrgreen:
unfortunately i made it too well and i can't fire it off again til i make it safer :(
i did the same, but mine runs off compressed air. bazooka style, pump it up aim and pull the lever, laugh as foam ball hits target (a person) with oomphtastic force! :D
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

metalcookie

Post by metalcookie » Sun May 10, 2009 8:26 pm

i wish my dad would let me run mine off compressed air, but he thinks i'm going to kill someone
Citizen Kane

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Mon May 11, 2009 6:12 am

hey, cookie, why don't you post some pics of it?