The Afternoon projects thread.

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

wiggyx
360 GamerTag:wiggadiggz
Re: The Afternoon projects thread.

Post by wiggyx » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:45 am

^^^ That's pretty neat!
weaponepsilon wrote:Yeah, actually any of those old games with uncompressed audio can be re worked. You have to have your audio in .wav format and use a .cue generator. Somebody mentioned doing something like it on Racketboy so I got to thinking about fixing Sonic. I made a few coasters in the process but now that I understand how, its pie.....
Yup, this is the difference between "yellow book" (compressed) and "red book" (uncompressed) audio. Basically, if you can play the music from the game in an audio CD player, then you can change the tracks when making an a new BIN file :D

On a similar note, I really like the music from the orginal PS1 Wipeout, and it's red book, thank goodness, so I ripped it :)

Here are a couple quickies.

SNES mini S-vid and power LED mods.

Genesis 3 S-vid and power LED mods.

Gamecube one-off plexi lid and some silly EL rope.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:23 pm

subwoofer box for my Sundown Audio SA-10 D2 subwoofer. 600w rms baby, yeah! tuned to as close to ideal specs as i could get.
here it is with my Precision Power Art series a600.2 amp when i was testing it
and now shiny and painted with black paint and bumper coat lol
the sub is a monster

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:54 pm

I needed some alligator clips to test some leads and pinouts, and according to my dad, we had some "somewhere." The only ones I was able to find were the actual clips, but no cables to attach them together. Clearly the only viable solution was to make my own.

Testing out the clips on a potential TG-16 A/V mod, which I'll be doing once I find a suitable 3.5mm 4-pin jack for the stereo a/v cables that I have.