My mod is on engadget

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

Bibin
My mod is on engadget

Post by Bibin » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:50 am

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:28 am

hehe, looks like you're not the only one to see this:

Palmer Luckey (AKA palmertech) @ Jan 3rd 2009 12:52AM

WTF ENDAGDET!!!

http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=27481

See that? I did this WITH A DS LITE BACKLIGHT, BEFORE this guy finished. I WAS THE one who figured out how to remove the reflective layer, I personally helped this guy do it! How could you have missed this? Why does HE get credit for this when mine is 5x better?

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:17 am

so much about working as a team

money and fame ruin friendship. I can understand where he's coming from, though.

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:24 am

Kyo wrote:so much about working as a team

money and fame ruin friendship. I can understand where he's coming from, though.
don't worry, Palmer still congratulated him in the other thread before *****ing about endgadget. looks like no hard feelings towards bibin but rather at engadget for not giving him his due.

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:48 am

No different than life normally, you pick your friends and you pick those you work in project teams with on personal hobbies, not work situations normally though.

CMTony

Post by CMTony » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:54 am

bacteria wrote:

No different than life normally, you pick your friends and you pick those you work in project teams with on personal hobbies, not work situations normally though.
Lol actually when i work on projects i usually get my mate Tom to help me out... he actually modded a LED light to be some weird pointer and used it for a projector screen. it became a projector touchscreen in which you didnt need to touch. point and push the button and voila... i might have to post the details about this somewhere...

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:43 am

I wasn't all serious in my post. I doubt palmertech is going to stop working/talking with bibin

Bibin

Post by Bibin » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:56 am

Well hey, it was my idea and I did start it as well as provide starting grounds for how it all works in the first place :P

LoyalistRevolt

Post by LoyalistRevolt » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:26 pm

I was told this mod was impossible when I tried it last year!
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:13 pm

LoyalistRevolt wrote:I was told this mod was impossible when I tried it last year!
Well duh, if we had told you it was possible, you would have won! :wink:

Bibin did a good job, and he DID come up with the idea before me. But that was at least a year ago, we probably spent at LEAST 5 hours total (Prolly way more) figuring out how to do what he had failed at: Removing the reflective layer. And at one point, Bibin said we should release our work at the same time.

I am glad Bibin did well, I really am; But Engadget, unfortunately, is retarded. Had they looked down another 4 freaking threads, they would have seen my far superior one (No offense Bibin; Search your feelings, you know it to be true). Not Bibin's fault, just Engadget sucking even harder than usual.

Unless, of course, Bibin submitted a news tip to them on this without giving a shred of credit to me; That would make me rage. Image

Excellent

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:33 am

palmertech wrote:Unless, of course, Bibin submitted a news tip to them on this without giving a shred of credit to me; That would make me rage.
KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:59 am

I don't think you should be blaming engadget. I mean, the thread was submitted to them. What do you expect, that they follow the next 3 links of every submission they get? They were asked to look at that, so they looked at it. End of story.

collinE

Post by collinE » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:30 am

I always thought they just had benheck bookmarked and checked it every couple days.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Ridonkulous

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:52 am

it seems that way, but afaik, it's just getting a lot of submissions from this place

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:17 am

Kyo wrote:I don't think you should be blaming engadget. I mean, the thread was submitted to them. What do you expect, that they follow the next 3 links of every submission they get? They were asked to look at that, so they looked at it. End of story.
Good point. Which makes it imperative that proper credit is given in the first place. :wink:

Oh well, RAGE over. This is the internet, no need to get butthurt over something like this. :lol:

Excellent