ADDED VIDEO! PS3 Batarang/boomerang controller mod

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

Motoman

Post by Motoman » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:42 pm

Wow. just like any other sane members I quite honestly had NO faith in you completing this project. I've been proven wrong. (Good because your batarang kicks ass). All apologies and very nice job Hot Dog Cart!

"Living After Midnight"

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:39 pm

No problem. I wonder if I could get a Custom title.

Something like.

"The only man in the world to own a Boomerang Controller"

xD

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:08 pm

Having a title like "boomerang", might come back and hit you... :lol:

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer

Post by HotDog-Cart » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:14 pm

Oh, haha.

FadedDelta

Post by FadedDelta » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:27 pm

so you pretty much used this "Tilt Sense Contoller : by Psyclone Essentials"
ImageImage
ImageImage

The Link (incase anyone wants to buy one for $3.55 each)
Tilt Sense Controller

and just stuck ps3 guts in it then???... the analogs, the leds at the bottom, the face buttons and size along with shape look exactly the same. except you probably cut a hole in the front for the PS button..... other than that the body looks identical... and i'd like to know exactly how and where you modified the case to make it larger.... and what you used, if you used a hot gun to warp the plastic to make it formable... cuz to me, its looks like the stock case.... but thats just me... what would have been key points is WIP pics... you know like you promised when you made the first post about your "redesign".... but never provided any..... until you "had" the final product.

collinE

Post by collinE » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:44 pm

FadedDelta wrote:you know like you promised when you made the first post about your "redesign".... but never provided any..... until you "had" the final product.
lol. It amazes me how some people can't believe we're are able to do this stuff (wait, not me..yet). HotDog-Cart is already a proven portablizer and something like this isn't out of the realm of possibility for him. therefore, if he has the skills to do it and the pics to show he did it, then why doubt it?

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:52 pm

He doubted the skills of somebody on his first post?

Like doubted him without any prior knowledge as to who he is.

ian2120

Post by ian2120 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:15 pm

Negative_Creep wrote:He doubted the skills of somebody on his first post?

Like doubted him without any prior knowledge as to who he is.
Good point! You shouldn't insult an established portabalizer, or their work, especially if we don't know who you are! (Not that you should anyway! :wink: )
We Didn't Start The Fire! Watch!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5pjoRZNzC0
Andrew wrote:{I was so happy} I was singing in my head!
me wrote:What song?
Andrew wrote:All of them

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer

Post by HotDog-Cart » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:52 pm

FadedDelta wrote:so you pretty much used this "Tilt Sense Contoller : by Psyclone Essentials"

and just stuck ps3 guts in it then???... the analogs, the leds at the bottom, the face buttons and size along with shape look exactly the same. except you probably cut a hole in the front for the PS button..... other than that the body looks identical... and i'd like to know exactly how and where you modified the case to make it larger.... and what you used, if you used a hot gun to warp the plastic to make it formable... cuz to me, its looks like the stock case.... but thats just me... what would have been key points is WIP pics... you know like you promised when you made the first post about your "redesign".... but never provided any..... until you "had" the final product.

First of all: I admitted to using that case and design already, if thats what you were trying to accuse me of not doing. Also, ofcourse the face buttons would look the same shape, everythings the same on the outside, but different on the inside, as previously mentioned. I actually didnt use a hotglue gun, thats a terrible idea (Lol shockslayer <3). I actually took the controller, which is way smaller than my hands, and cut it into various peices. After doing so, I added more plastic inbetween each peice and bondo'd it to make it look somewhat professionally done, as previously mentioned. (You need to read.) And, taking ps2 guts out of the controller, and chopping up a PS3 Controller board so it fits in the controller, is easier said than done. Seriously. Its not a cake walk. As, its VERY easy to damage the tilt sensors.

Heck, I never doubted anyone. I actually was making a statement, as I was PROVING that it was wrong to doubt my knowledge and experience in this type of stuff. I never doubted anyone, if anything I was being doubted by most of you. (Its cool now, though.)

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:55 pm

HotDog-Cart wrote:
FadedDelta wrote:so you pretty much used this "Tilt Sense Contoller : by Psyclone Essentials"

First of all: I admitted to using that case and design already, if thats what you were trying to accuse me of not doing. Also, ofcourse the face buttons would look the same shape, everythings the same on the outside, but different on the inside, as previously mentioned. I actually didnt use a hotglue gun, thats a terrible idea (Lol shockslayer <3). I actually took the controller, which is way smaller than my hands, and cut it into various peices. After doing so, I added more plastic inbetween each peice and bondo'd it to make it look somewhat professionally done, as previously mentioned. (You need to read.) And, taking ps2 guts out of the controller, and chopping up a PS3 Controller board so it fits in the controller, is easier said than done. Seriously. Its not a cake walk. As, its VERY easy to damage the tilt sensors.

Heck, I never doubted anyone. I actually was making a statement, as I was PROVING that it was wrong to doubt my knowledge and experience in this type of stuff. I never doubted anyone, if anything I was being doubted by most of you. (Its cool now, though.)
That's just because we all know you'll never finish this project :)

FadedDelta

Post by FadedDelta » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:52 am

i'm merely stating my opinion....

based on the picture you posted:

and the original casing:

the scale from the face buttons to the start button to the right analog stick, as well as the d-pad to the select to the left analog stick, also as well as the distance between the analog sticks.... looks completely identical.... thats just my opinion.

and btw speaking of reading.... i said hot gun... not glue gun... huge difference. and yes for my 1st post i am speaking my opinion, which to some may come off as doubting, but take it as you will. To further my opinion i bet the only bondo-ing you did was to fill the holes of MODE and CONNECT buttons... and looking at the horrid bondo job on those small holes, i doubt you could have grafted several pieces together so cleanly... and another thing, since you say you chopped the insides of a ps3 controller up to make it fit this "new enlarged size" it'd be great to see the guts of the "batarang"... to see how cleanly you did your inside job...

also i've been watching the forums for awhile and once i saw this and noticed it looked very similar to what we have on the salesfloor at Wal-Mart... i decided to post, with PICS to justify my opinion.
Like i said... I'm a pimp and pimps dont commit suicide.

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:37 pm

Go die!

!

:D
Hey, sup?

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer

Post by HotDog-Cart » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:57 pm

This project is already basically finished.

I've already stated why I didnt want to show the insides and such. I made this because I wanted to be the only guy with a boomerang. I didnt make it to let people copy.

If I was to actually open this, you'd see all the bondo spots, as I only repainted the outside. Also, that controller is for PS2. Its not PS3, like mine. Nor does it have six axis, like mine.

Valium

Post by Valium » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:12 pm

Well, if you want to prove what you say HDC, just make a video of you using the six axis, that will shut up the non-believers.

Easy and effective (y)

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer

Post by HotDog-Cart » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:28 pm

I think I've told people either here or on Hackaday. I cant make a video. My camera is damged. It thinks brand new batteries are dead. So I cannot make a video, until I fix the camera. But when I do, I will.