SNES portable number three!

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:17 pm

mothatrucka wrote:Guess I'm screwed, then. I have nothing finished to show now. ;)
D'oh! :P Hang in there buddy!

The reasons why I included a picture of my upcoming portable was A) I thought it was a neat picture of what I've accomplished so far and B) I love sharing what I've made and I just couldn't wait. I think point B is pretty apparent when you read my past worklogs. I tend to make something and post pictures of it that very day.

Posting the picture was not done in relation to the competition whatsoever. It was done to compare what can be accomplished in a given amount of time with one style of case versus another.
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

lovablechevy
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by lovablechevy » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:10 am

mothatrucka wrote:
bacteria wrote:Agreed, it all comes down to integrity and honesty after all. What we do all know however is that everytime someone makes a portable it is always far better than the previous one as a lot of experience is learnt along the way about the good and bad; so it is easy to gauge if something is new or not.
Guess I'm screwed, then. I have nothing finished to show now. ;)
me too then. guess i should just drop out now... lol!
Life of Brian wrote:The reasons why I included a picture of my upcoming portable was A) I thought it was a neat picture of what I've accomplished so far and B) I love sharing what I've made and I just couldn't wait. I think point B is pretty apparent when you read my past worklogs. I tend to make something and post pictures of it that very day.

Posting the picture was not done in relation to the competition whatsoever. It was done to compare what can be accomplished in a given amount of time with one style of case versus another.
sorry, my earlier comments weren't directed at you perse. it was just a statement of why i'm not posting anything really. i did post a teaser pic a little while ago of the case i'm working with though.
they call me the Queen of Bondo, though maybe i should be called the Queen of Epoxy Putty

current project - code name: blue mushroom!

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:10 pm

Wow, that is epic! And the MMX screenshots made it made of more awesome!

Nice to see it done, that is truly the power of the ZN-40! (and the 45, but only the few can take it..:P)

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-=FamilyGuy=-

Post by -=FamilyGuy=- » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:46 pm

Another Sweet portable from you Brian !

In fact it one of the best-looking Snesp I've seen. Put a Nintendo sticker on that and I wouldn't be surprised to see it in stores. :wink:

I love your stuff !

FG

Knux the Fox
Steam ID:knuxthefox

Post by Knux the Fox » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:11 pm

All I can say is....how much? Want...WANT! *drools* I want to play Star Fox on the go, and nothing beats real (vs emulators). I don't know how you guys do this stuff, and I'm not willing to break open my SNES to try it myself. I've been following Ben Heck's stuff for a while, but I saw this in his blog, and was like OMG WANT! So, I'm simply curious as to first off is it possible I could commission you to make one for me, and if so, how much?

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:38 pm

School is starting again soon and I'm in the process of moving into a new apartment, so unfortunately I will not be able to take a commission for some time. Thank you very much for your compliments, though! I'm glad you like it.

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:51 pm

Straight from my internets to yours, I present to you a brand spanking new YouTube video.

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:06 pm

I'm sorry, I just had to post this: What the heck? I swear these advertisements are just taunting us now... :shock:

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:32 pm

The ad thing is weird; I figured it would be streamlined so when you typed a keyword it would create the ad every time, but apparently it doesn't as I'll say Font Sun internets super nintendo blog and computer and not all of them will show up. It's odd really.

Too bad as I was going to fill a super ad-revenue generating sig with all of the keywords.

Nice portable also lol

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:38 pm

'Tis a shame I miss out on all this fun with Adblock Plus and Filterset G. :(

bacteria

Post by bacteria » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:18 am

CronoTriggerfan - Ohh, lovely - I had been using Adblock Plus, now also using Filterset G - works a treat! Image

NixonTech2071

Post by NixonTech2071 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:22 am

Life of Brian wrote:I'm sorry, I just had to post this: What the heck? I swear these advertisements are just taunting us now... :shock:

Its a conspiracy...
I cant hack yet... But I can help with "LazyMods"!!!

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:00 am

Come on guys, when you use adblock, ben does not get his money! Don't you want these forums to stay?

I think we should all spend 10 minutes a month just clicking on his ads. Then, block it the rest of the month!

Excellent

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:52 pm

Seriously though, what do you guys think of my video?

lovablechevy

Post by lovablechevy » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:00 pm

Life of Brian wrote:Seriously though, what do you guys think of my video?
awesome, of course. i love the song you use. lol!
they call me the Queen of Bondo, though maybe i should be called the Queen of Epoxy Putty

current project - code name: blue mushroom!