[Missing]

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

mothatrucka
Banned

Post by mothatrucka » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:44 pm

SS- Niiiiiice. Very nice.

However I stand by my statement. Hot Glue isn't half as hard as epoxy JB Weld, or silicone to remove. It sits on the surface instead of melting into the plastic.
ImageImage
TRUCK- Eating kittens and kicking puppies since 1982.

Electric Rain
PSN Username:Denki_no_Ame

Post by Electric Rain » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:21 pm

Triton wrote:dude SS when you use as much hotglue as yourself JESUS YES its hard to remove, a normal ammount is not overly hard to peel off
Hehheh... You know how YouTube has that thumbs up/down system for comments? I think we need that here. Image

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:11 pm

ShockSlayer wrote:
Hot glue's great but its easy to remove.
:shock:

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2642400

I recommend a heat gun/blowdryer, and patience.
:lol:

How about roughing up the two joining surfaces for better traction and stick instead of melting everything? That way, you don't have to use two pounds per square inch!!

SonyPortableizer
Portablizer

Post by SonyPortableizer » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:07 pm

New Pic

Rekarp
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:57 am

Triton wrote:dude SS when you use as much hotglue as yourself JESUS YES its hard to remove, a normal ammount is not overly hard to peel off
I agree with this statement. All my portables electronics are held in by hotglue.
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:37 pm

My mind is still scarred to this day from the several BAGs of glue sticks you must have used on that N64 portable that ended up in Skyler's hands for free.

We needed another switch when building the ToiletP (the portable we built in the hotel bathroom on the toilet) and we considered using one from the N64... I don't remember if we used it or not. I do remember John and I spent at least 15 minutes trying to scrape the inch-thick hotglue layer off the switch just so we could actually solder to it!

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:40 pm

marshallh wrote:My mind is still scarred to this day from the several BAGs of glue sticks you must have used on that N64 portable that ended up in Skyler's hands for free.
I thought it was $2? :P

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:47 pm

I remind you that that portable is a terrible piece of crap built by a 13 year old with zero experience in anything before that.

So stop it. and for the most part, the hotglue I use bonds better than most, which is why I stand by the fact that it is hard to get off. If you are using the cheap crap that peels off easily, then, yes, it is easy to remove. And I can use as much as I want, Like i said before, I get it FREE.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;