SS's Wii Laptop, The WiiL! 10th Portable Woot!

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:39 am

Sharp Sapphire wrote:
grossaffe wrote:
-=FamilyGuy=- wrote:
grossaffe wrote:um... isn't one of the big advantages of the wiimote/nunchuck FPS?
Eventhough some may agree with you, I don't. I just think mouse+Keyboard is the best controls for a FPS game, as it's what I'm used too, it's natural and reflexive for me now. However, throwing my arms in every directions and getting a crosshair that's not always in the middle of the screen is something hard for me.

I think preferences are specific to each person, many may like wii better.

BTW I don't even know if it actually is usable on a wii for games.

FG
I think the aim is too good on M&K, in real life, you don't get precision accuracy on a twitch.
in real life... Umm, were gamers not hunters. Its the same for the Wii too... :)
yeah, i know. I just think its not as fun playing a game where you head-shot someone on a twitch. this is definitely not a topic worth debating over and one i'm sure we can easily agree to disagree.

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:28 am

Man, now I'm wanting to make a Wii laptop. Using the browser with a keyboard would be great, plus I'd get the added bonus of a built-in GameCube portable. Hmm...
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:08 am

I have decided not to make a Wii portable on my list - not being able to have a controller built in to a case and having to wave controllers about I think rather defeats the benefit.

project_failure

Post by project_failure » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:04 pm

bacteria wrote:I have decided not to make a Wii portable on my list - not being able to have a controller built in to a case and having to wave controllers about I think rather defeats the benefit.
I under stand what your saying. However I think Life of Brian has got a good Idea. It's basically a gcp with internet browsing. You could still build the Gamecube controller into the case.
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure

schmellyfart
Steam ID:schmellyfart

Post by schmellyfart » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:42 pm

project_failure wrote:
bacteria wrote:I have decided not to make a Wii portable on my list - not being able to have a controller built in to a case and having to wave controllers about I think rather defeats the benefit.
I under stand what your saying. However I think Life of Brian has got a good Idea. It's basically a gcp with internet browsing. You could still build the Gamecube controller into the case.
Even so, you still need the wiimote to select the gamecube game.

GoldenfrankO
PSN Username:FullFreak
360 GamerTag:GoldenfrankO

Post by GoldenfrankO » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:08 pm

Or you could use a classic controller.

-=FamilyGuy=-

Post by -=FamilyGuy=- » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:17 pm

you could build in the part of the guitar hero controller you can use as the pointer (joystick)

FG

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:32 pm

schmellyfart wrote:
project_failure wrote:
yeah, that does suck.

-=FamilyGuy=-

Post by -=FamilyGuy=- » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:42 pm

grossaffe wrote:
schmellyfart wrote:
project_failure wrote:
yeah, that does suck.
Not if you injclude the wiimote + the joystick of guitar hero, you could make it so the wiimote can be took out of the case and used to play real-wii games. Using the GH3 JOystick you'd be able to launch the gamecube games, the VC games, and the Homebrew Channel. Then you could use a built-in gamecube controller to play games

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:49 pm

-=FamilyGuy=- wrote:
grossaffe wrote:
schmellyfart wrote:
project_failure wrote:
yeah, that does suck.
Not if you injclude the wiimote + the joystick of guitar hero, you could make it so the wiimote can be took out of the case and used to play real-wii games. Using the GH3 JOystick you'd be able to launch the gamecube games, the VC games, and the Homebrew Channel. Then you could use a built-in gamecube controller to play games
yeah, but it's really annoying. I understand that you can make a work-around, but i'd prefer a work-around not be necessary.

project_failure

Post by project_failure » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:10 pm

So would I, but the facts don't care about our preferences unfortunately.
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:17 am

project_failure wrote:So would I, but the facts don't care about our preferences unfortunately.
maybe if enough people complain, Nintendo will make a firmware update that will let the GC controller navigate the menu.

bacteria

Post by bacteria » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:37 am

grossaffe wrote:
project_failure wrote:So would I, but the facts don't care about our preferences unfortunately.
maybe if enough people complain, Nintendo will make a firmware update that will let the GC controller navigate the menu.
Yes, sure, that will happen. Image

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:42 am

bacteria wrote:
grossaffe wrote:
yeah, I know... :(

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:50 am

bacteria wrote:
grossaffe wrote:
Yeah just like how Nintendo will release a adapter to use a Wii-mote on a PC easily.

Or something else.