PS1P Done (Pics inside!)

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

nc
PS1P Done (Pics inside!)

Post by nc » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:18 am

I have completed my PS1P , done for my GCSE product design. The project itself is pretty ghetto in some respects , with a electrical tape trim and excessive hot glue, but regardless of that it is done for my tuesday deadline and i'm glad to see the back of it. Here are some pics:

Front:

Base side and thickness indicator (Picture doesn't do the tape trim justice):

Back , with a nice black PSX disk drive:

Top , with the ports and more tape:

Unfortunately time didn't permit analog controls , I had enough trouble with them as it is without the dualshock. Also , there is no battery , which again seeing as I was doing this to deadline , had already blown most of the fuses and have limited knowledge of the subject decided not to add. The small hole above the screen is where I intend to stick the PS logo.

The screen is badly LED modded , as I broke the backlight yesterday and had to do it , using the wrong resistor. However , when I get it back after it is marked I will rectify this problem. All that matters is that you can see the picture and you can so it's all good.

After all this , i'm glad to see the back of it , it has been way more trouble than it's worth but the satisfaction of completing it somewhat makes up for it. Perhaps next time I do a project i'll make a DVD cupboard like the rest of the class.

Bai

:D .

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:02 pm

Nice.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:42 pm

ive seen (and built) portables more ghetto! very nice job and a very slick design, a bit of work and you have a VERY sharp portable

dudex77

Post by dudex77 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:55 pm

What did you use for the case? The portable looks really quite sleek and if you fix up the electrical tape thing I would have to say it's one of the top 5 nicest looking ps1p's.
Kurt_ wrote: I would use tact switches but I want the mushy feel. Mushy = God. (I typed that correctly).

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:33 pm

Yes, spend a little more time finishing the case and the connectors, and make a back for the CD, and you will have a nice looking system. You also need to fix the screen hole of course. Anyway, nice work. How about the joysticks??

ghosstt

Post by ghosstt » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:43 pm

Love It. Did you use the PSOne case as your case?

nc

Post by nc » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:07 pm

Nice.

SS
ive seen (and built) portables more ghetto! very nice job and a very slick design, a bit of work and you have a VERY sharp portable
Thanks!
What did you use for the case? The portable looks really quite sleek and if you fix up the electrical tape thing I would have to say it's one of the top 5 nicest looking ps1p's.
Love It. Did you use the PSOne case as your case?
Thanks a lot! And I vacuum formed the case.
Yes, spend a little more time finishing the case and the connectors, and make a back for the CD, and you will have a nice looking system. You also need to fix the screen hole of course. Anyway, nice work. How about the joysticks??
I intend to finish things up a bit once I get it back as I have to give it in for marking on tuesday. I had too many problems with the joysticks so I ended up without them as time was running out. Perhaps i'll make add them once I get it back.

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:22 pm

Thats one sexy psonep even with the tape that thing looks awesome, I think you should paint the speaker ports black though.

I really need to get around to building a portable already. :lol:

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:28 pm

Looks great. Tape can be reapplied! May I suggest getting some aluminum trim instead? You have a really great looking thing going for you, it's just not entirely done to what I'm positive you're capable of.

(How many people have quotes of mine in their sigs? 2 or 3? Sweet! I rock!)

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:33 pm

Nice! I was waiting to see when you'd finish it! You posted a design for it a long time ago, didn't you?
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

schmellyfart
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Steam ID:schmellyfart

Post by schmellyfart » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:21 pm

Awesome! Much better than my first portable :lol:

What is the cord for that is coming our of the portable?

shmagoogin77
Portablizer

Post by shmagoogin77 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:02 pm

i like the shape
and i think that cord is power right?