Another NESp??

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator: Moderators

Venom

Another NESp??

Post by Venom » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:09 pm

I've had a fully working NESp for a little over a year now, and I've decided to share it here along with pictures. The entire case was made from just two VHS cases, and five pounds of hot glue. Everything almost fit perfectly except the NES board sticks out the back about 1/2", I could probably cut it off though.

Here's a picture of the front. The hole you see is where I had to replace a resistor, as it's hard to take this thing apart, and the only way I can reach those volume control buttons are by using a pencil or something of that sort. I need a suggestion for that (they're about 1/2" deep).

A picture of the back of the case. You'll notice the sideways NES cart. When I was building the case idea for this, I turned the NES 90 degrees so it was more vertical, and it gives it more of a Gameboy shape. I also cleared the area near the connector of the cartridge so it's easier to take out. Down below is the standard Ni-MH battery pack, along with velcro sides for the top (which is the top half of an NES controller shell).

Just a side view of it. Nothing much to say about that, except that there's Mega Man 3 in the cart slot.

And finally a picture of it on and working. Those bright "cracks"in the screen are actually just some kind of reflection from the screen protector.

Well that's everything, it took me a while, but it was all worth it. It measures 8" tall and 6" wide, and 2 1/2" thick.

demonofaj
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username: ajsen1gma
Steam ID: demonofaj

Post by demonofaj » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:14 pm

Great NESp lol, but the electrical tape does seem a tad too much :P . Awesome start!
"Life's a female of the dog species, then you die.."

gamemasterAS
Steam ID: lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:21 pm

Its most definitely ghetto, But I like it allot. Did you make that before you knew about benheck ?

Venom

Post by Venom » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:28 pm

demonofaj wrote:Great NESp lol, but the electrical tape does seem a tad too much :P . Awesome start!
I probably don't need half that tape. The top part is just to hold the screen protector in place. The bottom part is where I "taped over" areas around buttons that were bigger than they should have been. Though I have more layers than I need.
gamemasterAS wrote:Its most definitely ghetto, But I like it allot. Did you make that before you knew about benheck ?
Thanks.
No. I used his book for it, and I've been lurking this forum since I started the project. I'm going to try and smooth the case up and get rid of most of the ugliness sometime, but right now it's not a problem.