Xbox 360 Tilt Controller Mod

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

adamthole

Post by adamthole » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:21 am

Thanks again to everyone for all of the great comments!

EnterTheHatrix - Thanks for the publicity! On my site I went into some detail on how to do the mod. For someone to do it themselves they would still have to go through a lot (write their own code, etc.) If you were to do this would you want to do it entirely yourself (program and all) or buy a pre-soldered board, or perhaps just a pre-programmed chip? Just trying to see what people want so I can provide products and possibly more details on how to do it.

*o* - I am not really sure on a price at this time, but I would like to sell some. Any recommendations? I want to make it a fair price, but I also want to make some money as it does take quite a while to do. I think I am going to put my current one up on eBay and then order more parts, make more boards and go from there.

Rellizate - Yeah, a plastic box would protect the electronics better. Personally though, I like to see my board...I am just too happy with my soldering on it I guess :)

jeroen

Post by jeroen » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:15 am

Just wondering if you could give us schematics and the program and stuff. :wink: (If so, don't forget the pcb layout :wink: )

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:34 am

You know, I think you should mass produce this chip, and sell it. You'd get a nice amount of money.
gamemasterAS wrote:Solder is also bad for you, says on the spindal that its known to cause cancer in the state of California.
vskid wrote:I'm safe, I live in Utah. :P

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:46 am

adamthole wrote:Thanks again to everyone for all of the great comments!

EnterTheHatrix - Thanks for the publicity! On my site I went into some detail on how to do the mod. For someone to do it themselves they would still have to go through a lot (write their own code, etc.) If you were to do this would you want to do it entirely yourself (program and all) or buy a pre-soldered board, or perhaps just a pre-programmed chip? Just trying to see what people want so I can provide products and possibly more details on how to do it.

*o* - I am not really sure on a price at this time, but I would like to sell some. Any recommendations? I want to make it a fair price, but I also want to make some money as it does take quite a while to do. I think I am going to put my current one up on eBay and then order more parts, make more boards and go from there.

Rellizate - Yeah, a plastic box would protect the electronics better. Personally though, I like to see my board...I am just too happy with my soldering on it I guess :)
well how much do you pay for the chip?
i would say charge the price of the controller plus the price of the supplies plus about 25-30$
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:56 am

I think you should sell programmed boards that people solder on to their own controllers.

A_Username

Re: Xbox 360 Tilt Controller Mod

Post by A_Username » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:50 pm

Ooh, I never made something that cool 'til after I'd made 10 posts.

-Derek

G-force

Post by G-force » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:50 pm

PATENT THIS! Seriously! It's a great idea. Looks fantastic to play. Sony, with your weirdo six-axis controller, you have competition.

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:09 am

Here's a title you can patent it with "360 degrees". I wont sue you later on for coming up with the name...
gamemasterAS wrote:Solder is also bad for you, says on the spindal that its known to cause cancer in the state of California.
vskid wrote:I'm safe, I live in Utah. :P

sammy

Post by sammy » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:10 am

It was something like this I saw http://www.maxconsole.net/content_img/ps2ps.jpg
They discussed it at IGN once.

Nielk1

Post by Nielk1 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:09 pm

I got a ps2 controller that has tilt controls. I love it because it uses the tilt for the left stick. That is used for airplane pitch and roll, and car steering. Because most car games ignore that stick's up/down, I can twist the controller like a wheel! :roll:

Getting info...
Got it in wallmart. :shock:
Psyclone Essentials - Tilt Sense(tm) Controller
8' cable (if only it was wireless!)
Rubberized entire controller
left stick is disabled when the tilt is on
$24.96

It could be better, for for a $5 difference from what I normaly see for ps2 controllers, I figured, why not?

A custome model of the quality of your xbox controller would easily kick it's but. When I plug it into the computer it jerks a tiny bit. I would say no matter but I saw how smooth yours moved!

Krepticor

Post by Krepticor » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:01 pm

G-force wrote:PATENT THIS! Seriously! It's a great idea. Looks fantastic to play. Sony, with your weirdo six-axis controller, you have competition.

Seriously the patent wouldn't be hard and you could sell it to microsoft, they could throw it on something and when the bundle the HD-DVD packs with the 360 they could start making HD Games and use the tilt function...it would so incredibly Rock hard, I mean Hard
I refuse to dignify myself with an intelligent and witty signature

Ditto

Post by Ditto » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:43 am

Submit this to HAD, or else I will.

EDIT: Done

Bass Creator

Post by Bass Creator » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:45 am

just like my psp but in a xbox 360 simple mod but awesome

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:47 am

johnbjuice

Post by johnbjuice » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:23 pm

XPCportables wrote:That's awesome! Down with Wii, 360 reigns supreme.
Ok, we don't want a flame war here...just don't make any more statements about which console is better, and hopefully nobody will go onto a 5 paragraph rant...(Please don't! He didn't know what he was saying!) :wink: