Bens Controller On MSDN

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:43 pm

bicostp wrote:
Klefmung wrote:my definition of hackaday: Leeches that take something cool someone else did, and get the entire mainstream to bash their server as if they had virtual baseball bats...
I thought that was Digg...

:P
And Joystiq...
And Engadget...

:)

CTFan

madc0w
Location:In the ghetto of Larchmont! A HALF-A-MIL HOUSE IS GANGSER!

Post by madc0w » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:39 pm

Retromaster wrote:So I shouldn't send my N. Gadget Rev 2 to them? I kinda figured that with YOUR definition... Stupid online plagirists
They don't plagirize anything. They usually just link to it. It's a blog. Make sure to get some good hosting first though
Kayleigh57020 wrote: "button" is insanity.
Scientology
Dangerous Cult

Retromaster
Portablizer

Post by Retromaster » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:48 pm

Madcow said-"They don't plagirize anything. They usually just link to it. It's a blog. Make sure to get some good hosting first though"

Oh good... No one steals my idea of the 'bathe with your toaster' method to anti depression
http://portableuniverse.forumcircle.com/index.php? http://mtac.profusehost.net/ Image SAY ALLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!i finally used google!!

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:52 pm

Retromaster wrote:Oh good... No one steals my idea of the 'bathe with your toaster' method to anti depression
You have it all wrong, you can't just bathe with it, it has to be plugged in, too. :wink: And a hairdryer has exactly the same anti-depressing powers.

Retromaster
Portablizer

Post by Retromaster » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:07 pm

vskid wrote-"You have it all wrong, you can't just bathe with it, it has to be plugged in, too. And a hairdryer has exactly the same anti-depressing powers."

HMMMM........could you bathe with a car battery? or a car battery connected to a toaster? 'cause there's no outlet near the tub anymore......but if I could get the hairdryer theory to work, you could do your hair-IN HELLLLLL!!!!!!!
But if you stick with the toaster theory, you could have nice crispy buttered toast in the morning- WITH SATAN!!!!!
But if you were good, you could have nice crispy buttered toast in the morning- WITH JESUS!!! MMMMM- JESUS TOAST!!!
Don't you go stealing my ideas that will help the world,kids!
http://portableuniverse.forumcircle.com/index.php? http://mtac.profusehost.net/ Image SAY ALLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!i finally used google!!

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:21 am

Retromaster wrote:vskid wrote-"You have it all wrong, you can't just bathe with it, it has to be plugged in, too. And a hairdryer has exactly the same anti-depressing powers."

HMMMM........could you bathe with a car battery? or a car battery connected to a toaster? 'cause there's no outlet near the tub anymore......but if I could get the hairdryer theory to work, you could do your hair-IN HELLLLLL!!!!!!!
But if you stick with the toaster theory, you could have nice crispy buttered toast in the morning- WITH SATAN!!!!!
But if you were good, you could have nice crispy buttered toast in the morning- WITH JESUS!!! MMMMM- JESUS TOAST!!!
Don't you go stealing my ideas that will help the world,kids!
Get the strait jackets and comicaly over-sized neadels now.

Retromaster
Portablizer

Post by Retromaster » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:32 am

I'm OK!!! i'm getting better!!! Whenever I kick a 5 year old I don't feel as much joy as I did before! and when my cat took a bath with a toaster, thanks to my brilliant idea, I didn't laugh as hard!!

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:43 am

Are you capable of creating sane posts, or have you been cursed to spew excrement from your mouth for all eternity? :|

Retromaster
Portablizer

Post by Retromaster » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:50 am

Sort of... I don't know what's wrong. I was dropped on my head and replying to vskid at the same time....

BloodNess
Location:in front of my computer...staring zombie...err...ly...into the computer screen...

Post by BloodNess » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:26 am

vskid wrote:
CronoTriggerfan wrote:And by the way, I thought it was really admirable that you made it for one of our injured men in arms fighting for our country, even if it was a commission job! :wink:
Yeah, thats really cool of you to do.
yeah same here, that is the most honorable present/action made for the happyness of others :wink: kudos'

about the article: funniest thing is that they still call ben Ben Heck :lol:
***«ß£ØOðN€Š$...>>****
finally got motivated again to start a portable, which i have...but with many doubts :S

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:47 am

Retromaster wrote:Wait.... how did MSDN get your story without interviewing you, ben?
Did you get interviewed? They'll probably take your idea. Also, in OXM magazine- your Xbox 360 laptop....did you send that in or were you asked if it was OK by their moderators to show that after they saw it on benheck.com?
Been there... A UK Nintendo magazine ran with my Handheld Gamecube without my approval and without interviewing me.. And they got a lot of details wrong!
gamemasterAS wrote:Solder is also bad for you, says on the spindal that its known to cause cancer in the state of California.
vskid wrote:I'm safe, I live in Utah. :P

TheOnlyOneHeFears
Portablizer

Post by TheOnlyOneHeFears » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:16 am

EnterTheHatrix wrote:
Retromaster wrote:Wait.... how did MSDN get your story without interviewing you, ben?
Did you get interviewed? They'll probably take your idea. Also, in OXM magazine- your Xbox 360 laptop....did you send that in or were you asked if it was OK by their moderators to show that after they saw it on benheck.com?
Been there... A UK Nintendo magazine ran with my Handheld Gamecube without my approval and without interviewing me.. And they got a lot of details wrong!
Dude, was that NGamer? I think I remember reading it in there, it was in the World of Nintendo...I didn't realise they hadn't got your permission, I usually really like NGamer :P. Still, I guess its good to get the portabilastion(sp?) scene some mainstream exposure

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:01 am

TheOnlyOneHeFears wrote:
EnterTheHatrix wrote:
Dude, was that NGamer? I think I remember reading it in there, it was in the World of Nintendo...I didn't realise they hadn't got your permission, I usually really like NGamer :P. Still, I guess its good to get the portabilastion(sp?) scene some mainstream exposure
Yeah it was NGamer..

I said to them they didn't have my permission, and they should have emailed me and I would have given them permission and something to print with the article, instead they made a severely edited post in their third issue from the emailI sent them, half of which was bull... They never printed the email I sent them after that.
gamemasterAS wrote:Solder is also bad for you, says on the spindal that its known to cause cancer in the state of California.
vskid wrote:I'm safe, I live in Utah. :P