Ben's Xbox 360 Laptop featured in the Holiday Issue of OXM!!

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

atari2600a

Post by atari2600a » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:28 pm

Ben is famous because he puts his own time into publicizing his work. He wrote the website, pays the bandwidth, & builds the unexpected yet overwhelming.

Sure Ben started out on GameSpy (I think; I'm tired right now & am too lazy to think if that was it or not), but he was the FIRST! (or at least the first to put it in it's own custom-built professional-looking case.)

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:30 pm

Well, yeah, but he should do more with the n64.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

atari2600a

Post by atari2600a » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:33 pm

I'm sure Ben would do another N64p if someone sends him 4 N64's & $300+! lol

BroKilla93

Post by BroKilla93 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:12 pm

atari2600a wrote:Right, because Microsoft owns IBM & ATI! RIGHT!
They don't own them. MD owns or partly owns the technology they created for the 360 so it cost less for them.

Edit: Sorry Atari Look at my new post with facts.
Last edited by BroKilla93 on Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BroKilla93

Re: Wow

Post by BroKilla93 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:16 pm

CronoTriggerfan wrote:
BroKilla93 wrote:Dude they make money of 360s. They own the hardware ip (they make the hardware) according to most sites they are making 50 dollars a pop. Look it up if you think im wrong.
I know you're wrong, and I did look it up. From a reputable source, at that; GameSpot. They lose about $126 a console. Couple that with hardware flaws and repair costs of the malfunctioned 360s, they lose even more. Look it up if you think I'm wrong. :wink:

CTFan
That was november of last year smart one. Check the dates next time.
Look here http://www.2old2play.com/News/Xbox_360_ ... ring_Costs
and read this quote from another website. (Microsoft owns the IP of the technology. Thats why the name Microsoft is all over their 360 processor just ask Ben.

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:17 pm

BroKilla93 wrote:
atari2600a wrote:Right, because Microsoft owns IBM & ATI! RIGHT!
They don't own them. MD owns or partly owns the technology they created for the 360 so it cost less for them.
If you didn't pick up, I think atari was being sarcastic. And although they may have a few patent leverages, it still costs them a good chunck of cash.

CTFan

BroKilla93

Re: Wow

Post by BroKilla93 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:23 pm

Dude check that stuff out. (this is getting off topic)
BroKilla93 wrote:
CronoTriggerfan wrote:
BroKilla93 wrote:Dude they make money of 360s. They own the hardware ip (they make the hardware) according to most sites they are making 50 dollars a pop. Look it up if you think im wrong.
I know you're wrong, and I did look it up. From a reputable source, at that; GameSpot. They lose about $126 a console. Couple that with hardware flaws and repair costs of the malfunctioned 360s, they lose even more. Look it up if you think I'm wrong. :wink:

CTFan
That was november of last year smart one. Check the dates next time.
Look here http://www.2old2play.com/News/Xbox_360_ ... ring_Costs
and read this quote from another website. (Microsoft owns the IP of the technology. Thats why the name Microsoft is all over their 360 processor just ask Ben.

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:39 pm

Oh, of course, because we ALL know 2old2play is a viable, mainstream resource for gaming news! :lol: Not saying you're wrong, just like to hear it from a reputable source. Because from a marketing and manufacturing standpoint, I don't think it's really possible for production costs to drop that much in such a short amount fo time.

CTFan

BroKilla93

Okay

Post by BroKilla93 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:47 pm

CronoTriggerfan wrote:Oh, of course, because we ALL know 2old2play is a viable, mainstream resource for gaming news! :lol: Not saying you're wrong, just like to hear it from a reputable source. Because from a marketing and manufacturing standpoint, I don't think it's really possible for production costs to drop that much in such a short amount fo time.

CTFan
I did a google search and found another on the first page here it is
http://digg.com/gaming_news/PS3_loses_u ... 6_per_sale
also i look on Gamer Spot but the one i found was a year old
The other ones i found were saying they lost money but were back when it first came out. The companies who make the 360s have leaked or reported (i forget which) that the prices to make them have suddenly dropped.

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:52 pm

Well, I stand corrected! :lol: Although as it stands, the Wii does pull in more revenue per console, especially with all the 1st party games in the mix. They're in more of a position to take the cake, IMO.

CTFan

BroKilla93

Post by BroKilla93 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:04 pm

CronoTriggerfan wrote:Well, I stand corrected! :lol: Although as it stands, the Wii does pull in more revenue per console, especially with all the 1st party games in the mix. They're in more of a position to take the cake, IMO.

CTFan
As far as i know Wii does not own the technology but it is just kinda old (a bit better than game cube) so it is really inexpensive.

Note: when mass producing things cost less on the individual level.

but with 360 about to cross into 10 million dollar sells and many ps3 only games coming to 360 (Metal Gear Solid, Assasians Creed, and maybe Final Fantasy)

I think that is what Microsoft is doing with their profits, buying other game devolpers.

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:09 pm

They invented /sarcasm for a reason :wink:

Idiots.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;