Portable N64 is Done!

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:31 pm

i'm back :D glad you like it, i like it too :wink:

anyway, now that i've been using it for a week it's time for my review.
the screen looks awsome! even in dark places like fighting Gannon in Zelda OOT i could see everything very clearly, it looked better than my TV :P . it also works in very light/bright places because i can turn off the brightness mod whenever i want. the battery life is also good, about 4-5 hours on a full charge. i also found out why my old batteries seemed dead: the wall adapter doesn't charge them fully. apparently it supplies too little ma for the charger to work right because it's only 340ma and the car adapter charges it all the way. that means my old battery is still alive and could possibly be used in a PS1p :wink: . the controls are all comfortable and work great and i didn't even notice the size when playing. using reset buttons from fried N64s works great for shoulder buttons, it feels kinda like GC controls :P . 3 of the games i played needed the memory card slot and it fits well, doesn't fall out, and doesn't get in the way :) . it's also pretty durable and didn't get damaged at all during a week of heavy use and little brothers; hot glue rocks :mrgreen: . i also found a good carrying case for it. it's a bit ironic but it fits great in a Sega Dreamcast bag :P
ImageImage

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID:cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:02 pm

Congrats man. Play it well.

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:22 pm

That thing is your sig scares me... :P Try making a custom case for it. At least it works... :)
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jerimoo

Post by Jerimoo » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:10 pm

The screen looks pretty nice. Good job. :)
Working on my first portable!
SNESp Status: 10% Complete?
Mini SNES, PS1 Screen, and Screwdriver purchased.

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:01 pm

Rock, rock on. It's great to see another N64 portable added to the list... Kinda makes me want to add one to it. Well, ok, it really makes me want to add an N64p to the list, but this thread's about you!
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!