PS3 80GB + PC in one case - concept question?

Yes it is nice to be able to put your projects INSIDE something isn't it? You know, to hold everything together so it doesn't flop around? Discuss the techniques here!

Moderator:Moderators

PRU_tastic
PSN Username:PRU_tastic
Steam ID:PRU_tastic

Post by PRU_tastic » Tue May 15, 2012 6:56 pm

Hey, what's up benheck forum? This is a serious consideration for me. I am looking to build a new PC and my PS3 is becoming mildly obsolete for me but I still want to keep it. If I could fit both a custom PC and my PS3 in one case BOY would I be a happy camper. I don't care how big the case is (within reason..) But it can be big. Any ideas? Places to start? Cases? Idea of all the work involved?

:D ANY HELP IS AWESOME

superben51
PSN Username:superben52

Post by superben51 » Wed May 16, 2012 9:46 am

It is perfectly possible to do. Heck I think there is even a company that sells them. The main problem though would probably be heat. You would almost have to liquid cool it with a huge fan over the heat sink. And I still doubt you could run both at the same time. Size depends on cost/power of computer. You could build a small but pretty powerful computer but it would cost a lot. So the main break down is cost and how much you want to spend.

PRU_tastic
PSN Username:PRU_tastic
Steam ID:PRU_tastic

Re: PS3 80GB + PC in one case - concept question?

Post by PRU_tastic » Wed May 23, 2012 9:54 pm

Thanks for the reply and sorry for my such delayed one - Irony is a cruel thing? Talking about a new computer and mine overheated. Which brings the concern you stated even more to my attention. Maybe for now I'll just stick with two seperate entities.

FatylPCs

Re: PS3 80GB + PC in one case - concept question?

Post by FatylPCs » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:35 am

A (titanium?) partition of sorts in a case holding two separate motherboards could solve the cooling problem all together, or if your feeling epic - go with a mineral oil cooled rig. Mineral oil - not fryer or motor - is cheap and you can probably get a huge jug of it at Walmart or Target.