Complete n00b needing advice.

Yes it is nice to be able to put your projects INSIDE something isn't it? You know, to hold everything together so it doesn't flop around? Discuss the techniques here!

Moderator:Moderators

krypton
PSN Username:II-Krypton-II
360 GamerTag:MLK Alpha
Complete n00b needing advice.

Post by krypton » Sun May 15, 2011 9:47 pm

Hey guys, I was wondering if I could get any sort of advice regarding case construction. I just bought my NES with a controller and game today, so I guess you can say I have officially started. My forté is programming, but I really want to try this project despite not having much of a background from a hardware point of view. I bought the Ben Heck's book, and have read front cover to back, but having the imagination that I do, I want to deviate from Ben's pre-created designs. I am considering an enlarged-GameBoy style, but with nice rounded edges and a flush design.

I was wondering what tools are best for working with plastic, and more importantly, which plastic should I buy. My inspiration has come from YouTube's joedog86 <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpSc3T9228c>. His SNESp was what sparked my interest a couple weeks ago. If you refer to his video which I linked, you can have a better idea of what I'm aiming for, albeit rotated 90 degress. The sleek design and the aluminium edges really struck a chord with me. If you guys have any suggestions on how to imitate his work, I'm completely open for suggestions.

Thanks for reading... joedog86 if you're on these forums and reading this, you. are. a. legend.