XBox Case Mod

Yes it is nice to be able to put your projects INSIDE something isn't it? You know, to hold everything together so it doesn't flop around? Discuss the techniques here!

Moderator:Moderators

JacobRyan
XBox Case Mod

Post by JacobRyan » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:52 pm

A friend recently gave me a broken XBox, and not truly having any use for the guts I found a use for it. I've recently acquired an interest in HD Capturing and Streaming using a Blackmagic-Design Intensity Pro. Well the problem is I LAN quite a bit and hauling my whole Mac Pro with me isn't exactly ideal. What better idea then to put it into the XBox. I found my list of components that will fit inside the box except for one unit... The Intensity Pro. The XBox is not tall enough to house the whole card, about 1.5 inches too short. I need to obviously add this height on to void the gap that will be created. Any idea's from my genius Ben Heckers? Aside from, "Don't use an XBox."

bassmasta
Steam ID:randomguy737

Re: XBox Case Mod

Post by bassmasta » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:37 pm

Make it camel themed? :lol:
I'm not the master at cases, but a suggestion I'd give you is to replace the card with a Hauppauge HD PVR. It's external USB. Although it only records up to 720p via component (no HDMI/DVI).
zeturi wrote:If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

JacobRyan

Post by JacobRyan » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:10 am

I'm not trying to sound rude but why would I replace a new/better card I already purchased? Also recording over component is a hassle when you consider I use a monitor to game on so no component input and component to HDMI is extremely expensive. I was brainstorming the idea last night and I think I found my answer in ABS Plastic and Bondo.

bassmasta

Post by bassmasta » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:51 pm

Sorry. I thought you hadn't gotten it yet because you said you had a list. I just was suggesting an alternative for the card.
zeturi wrote:If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

JacobRyan

Post by JacobRyan » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:59 pm

bassmasta wrote:Sorry. I thought you hadn't gotten it yet because you said you had a list. I just was suggesting an alternative for the card.
Ah yes, sorry I got it a few weeks ago. I did figure out a way to install the card without modding the case. Orbit Micro sells PCI-E riser cards which allows me to install it horizontally opposed to vertically.

windwaker

Post by windwaker » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:13 pm

can i have the guts for cheap if your only using the case :lol: feel free to say no just asking

bassmasta

Post by bassmasta » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:41 pm

windwaker wrote:can i have the guts for cheap if your only using the case :lol: feel free to say no just asking
JacobRyan wrote:A friend recently gave me a broken XBox