*pics*tutorial: on how to uncase 360 memory card

Yes it is nice to be able to put your projects INSIDE something isn't it? You know, to hold everything together so it doesn't flop around? Discuss the techniques here!

Moderator:Moderators

HardcoreLewscher
*pics*tutorial: on how to uncase 360 memory card

Post by HardcoreLewscher » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:42 am

all you need to do is the below, just open with screwdriver(small precision), BUT BE CAREFULL!!
dont use excessive force and scratch it :facepalm: :oops: but luckily it still works :lol:
just go in the small gap to the sides, and be careful really, not much mopre to say :|

so now im after someone to spray it black for me if i ship the open case only.......
ill pay or that but id expect it to not chip naturally :| thanks :mrgreen:

pics for ya collinE 8) did em read it and kinda a coincidence :lol:
Last edited by HardcoreLewscher on Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
\¯\/¯/ |¯|)¯) /¯/\¯\ \¯\/¯/
/_/\_\ |_|)_) \_\/_/ /_/\_\
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

collinE

Re: how to uncase 360 memory card for painting please

Post by collinE » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:31 am

You probably don't need to make a new thread, just bump the old one. As for the memory card, you just need a flat head screwdriver. Wedge it in and twist to crack the case open. Try your best not to tear up the plastic while you do it. I don't know if it snaps together or if it's held in place with glue.

Krylon Fusion spray paint is great for plastic. You can usually get flat or glossy black at Walmart. Just tape of the parts you don't want painted black.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Ridonkulous

HardcoreLewscher

Re: how to uncase 360 memory card for painting please

Post by HardcoreLewscher » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:17 pm

collinE wrote:You probably don't need to make a new thread, just bump the old one. As for the memory card, you just need a flat head screwdriver. Wedge it in and twist to crack the case open. Try your best not to tear up the plastic while you do it. I don't know if it snaps together or if it's held in place with glue.

Krylon Fusion spray paint is great for plastic. You can usually get flat or glossy black at Walmart. Just tape of the parts you don't want painted black.
sorry, didnt know i had another thread :oops:
anyway do you know this as fact, a vague memory or are you guessing.. just wondering before i do it :lol:
and is Krylon Fusion available in the UK and if so how much/what stores? (ill read up on ity actually but just incase i dont find it )
\¯\/¯/ |¯|)¯) /¯/\¯\ \¯\/¯/
/_/\_\ |_|)_) \_\/_/ /_/\_\
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

collinE

Re: tutorial: on how to uncase 360 memory card

Post by collinE » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:47 pm

If you take some really fine sand paper, you can buff out some of the scratches and they won't show when you paint it. Hopefully, there aren't any over the logo :(

Also, if you can take some pictures of how you did it for anyone who wants to know.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Ridonkulous