Xbox 360 (1st Generation) Case + DVD/Disc Drive replacement

Yes it is nice to be able to put your projects INSIDE something isn't it? You know, to hold everything together so it doesn't flop around? Discuss the techniques here!

Moderator:Moderators

Zuggler
Xbox 360 (1st Generation) Case + DVD/Disc Drive replacement

Post by Zuggler » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:05 pm

Hi, everybody

I've just bought a super smashed up (but working) Xbox 360 for 20 pounds...30 bucks? The bad news is that almost immediately after boot-up the fan-speed kicks into overdrive mode and sounds really intense like a jet plane taking off, also the automatic disc-opener button thing wont work nor the eject disc tray option on the screen, so I cant get the disc which is inside out!

I've been looking around eBay for Lian Li XB-01B Aluminium Xbox 360 Custom Black Cases but noticed they aren't cheap. I really have to get this Xbox 360 to stop sounding so loud and I really need a new disc drive. I've never modded a games console before, is this task going to be difficult? Could I please get some help as to what kit I need to buy? Any help greatly appreciated, I don't know where better to look for help! Thanks in advance.

HERE ARE SOME PHOTOS

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Re: Xbox 360 (1st Generation) Case + DVD/Disc Drive replacement

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:29 pm

To use a new disc drive, you'll need to either buy the same drive and inject the key from the old one into the firmware (or swap the boards if you can) or buy a different drive and inject the key into the firmware and spoof it to the old model drive. Xbox-scene.com can help you with shenanigans such as these.
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen: