confused on case construction

Yes it is nice to be able to put your projects INSIDE something isn't it? You know, to hold everything together so it doesn't flop around? Discuss the techniques here!

Moderator:Moderators

Designer noob
confused on case construction

Post by Designer noob » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:31 pm

I am re-doing my case and I want to make it perfect. I am a little confused on how you make it. I know some people make two pieces-one for bottom and one for top. Then, just vaccum form both of those pieces.

Well, my last mold was just one piece and what I was going to do was after, I did the top. I would slice the middle of the clay and put some steel so, the plastic would only form to whats above that steel. But, the case I am making now I can't really do that.

So, I am wondering how do you make two pieces that are equal sized? Did you guys just sand each of them down to each other? Or make one big piece and cut it it straight down the middle or where you need it? If you cut it down the middle how did you get it not to reshape when adding pressure to it?
The N64/GBA Remix
Image ............................................................................................................................................. Xbox360 WVI

collinE

Re: confused on case construction

Post by collinE » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:46 pm

I suggest two pieces and matching them up together. make two that are roughly the same size and shape and then sand it down while together so they match up. that's how I did it.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Ridonkulous

bjdette21

Re: confused on case construction

Post by bjdette21 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:32 am

collinE wrote:I suggest two pieces and matching them up together. make two that are roughly the same size and shape and then sand it down while together so they match up. that's how I did it.

I definitely agree with you colline, that designer noob could use two pieces-one for bottom and one for top. However, designer noob is great that he could construct by his own idea. Good luck to your project. :wink: :facepalm: