Knight Rider PS2 Portable

Yes it is nice to be able to put your projects INSIDE something isn't it? You know, to hold everything together so it doesn't flop around? Discuss the techniques here!

Moderator:Moderators

Yondaime
Knight Rider PS2 Portable

Post by Yondaime » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:24 pm

My vision:

Portable: PS2 Slim
Casing: Lazer Doodle (Fiberglassed...that is if i can ever find someone selling one)
Mod: LED Superflux chips behind speaker location (http://www.oznium.com/prewired-superflux) as well as a scrolling type LED at the top (knight rider style)

My problem

Other than the casing, i am looking to find a scrolling LED that i can incorporate within the casing. Most of the ones i have found are for cars, yet has anyone seen smaller versions..

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Re: Knight Rider PS2 Portable

Post by hailrazer » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:50 pm

A PS2 will NOT fit in a Lazer Doodle. I know I've tried. It is several inches to long and at the bottom an inch or so to wide.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

Yondaime

Post by Yondaime » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:59 pm

hailrazer wrote:A PS2 will NOT fit in a Lazer Doodle. I know I've tried. It is several inches to long and at the bottom an inch or so to wide.
We planned on actually molding the Lazer Doodle to accommodate for space. Our (Raizer and I, we are working on this together) only problem is actually getting a good sized LED for the scrolling, as well as getting the case. Raizer (WHO RUINED our chances at buying the case!) is actually a genius at molding...he works on bodykits...and I am helping him as much as possible with getting it all together and working with the system.

hailrazer

Post by hailrazer » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:04 pm

Man I really don't tkink the Lazer Doodle would be the case you would want to use for a PS2. It's pretty big/bulky already and to make it bigger just doesn't make sense. For the PS2 I would think a Wider / Not so tall design would be better with a 7" widescreen.......Ooops did I just give that away .... LOL

More like this but with a 7" screen :

My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

DK

Post by DK » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:25 am

AngelArms is/was trying it here

http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30422" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:21 am

what is everybodys obsession with the lazerdoodle shells :?: :?:

chainfire95

Post by chainfire95 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:58 pm

I personally don't think it looks that great.
A truly wise man can entertain a thought without accepting it. A fool cannot withhold past judgments but instead closes his mine to new possibilities. Someone who wants to innovate simply needs to forget what everyone says isn't possible.

hailrazer

Post by hailrazer » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:04 pm

chainfire95 wrote:I personally don't think it looks that great.
LOL
My Portable Systems:

Yondaime

Post by Yondaime » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:40 pm

chainfire95 wrote:I personally don't think it looks that great.
8) You just dont feel the powa....

:twisted: THE POWA!!!

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:03 pm

ive seen hailrazers portables, and they are good, and i know immitation is the sincerest form of flattery. but i like originality, not rehashing! but from what i have seen of this portable so far its gonna be damn impressive!

pLover

Post by pLover » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:35 pm

Triton wrote:ive seen hailrazers portables, and they are good, and i know immitation is the sincerest form of flattery. but i like originality, not rehashing! but from what i have seen of this portable so far its gonna be damn impressive!
I don't think people like the LazerDoodle because Hailrazer used it, I think people KNOW about it because Hailrazer used it. People like it because it has so much potential, and it looks so awesome in a portable.

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:56 pm

I personally don't think the lazer doodle is all that great, maybe for something simple like the NES, but once you introduce shoulder buttons they have to go on the back, and then you are holding the system up by the buttons whic translates into unwanted button presses. Meh.

hailrazer

Post by hailrazer » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:02 pm

snowpenguin wrote:I personally don't think the lazer doodle is all that great, maybe for something simple like the NES, but once you introduce shoulder buttons they have to go on the back, and then you are holding the system up by the buttons whic translates into unwanted button presses. Meh.
Nope not at all. With the Dreamtrooper it sits in the palms of your hand perfectly balanced. And the triggers were better IMO than any stock triggers.

If it was not so much work I would make more portables out of it.
My Portable Systems:

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:04 pm

Wait... Did the original poster just admit to making two accounts...?

hailrazer

Post by hailrazer » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:06 pm

snowpenguin wrote:Wait... Did the original poster just admit to making two accounts...?
Yea he did it because I wouldn't sell him a Lazer Doodle after he copped an attitude. So he pretended to be a friend to get me to sell it to him.
My Portable Systems: